SaltCritters.com

ninhsavestheday's 24g

ninhsavestheday

ninhsavestheday

i finally moved everything over to my 24g (24x18x14).

Im upgrading to MH, CPR Skimmer and adding 2 more PH next week. I havent bought a arcylic safe cleaner yet soo the tank is a little dirty. So heres some current status pictures.

ninhsavestheday

man, ive never seen my fishes any happier. i cant believe i crammed them into a 7 gallon tank. after seeing how happy they are in this tank, im never cramming my fish again.

• 2 weeks later...
ninhsavestheday

i just scored this 150 watt 10k double-ended HQI METAL HALIDE for 150 BUCKS! The bulb is freakin blue for a 10k, its like a 14k. i dont know what brand it is though.. possibly XM or BLUELINE? i havent put it over my tank yet. stilll need the stuff to hang it.

ninhsavestheday

hey thanks guys! i cant believe poeple actually commented. :) im going to add more rocks soon for my angel and more place to mount corals.

mr k. - i got lights from someone off ebay. the pendant was used, but the ballast and bulb is new so 150 is a pretty good deal!

rene - my clown host that thing. (and also the frogspawn) dumb fish cant make up his mind. that thing is like 4 inches and its starting to split.

• 2 weeks later...
ninhsavestheday

i get from locals.. and this place called "reef collections" in huntington beach. have you been there? great place, cheap prices. they have some nice brains i was gonna pick .. all for 20 bucks. nice monti caps for 20-30.. clams are 30..

birdman204

Ninh, nice stuff....

say , did you ever get that overflow quieted down? I plumed an overflow with 5x5 inch walls, but cut and manipulated the pieces and got a durso in there... I was able to plumb 2 overflows and a sump quieter than my single display in the house.

ninhsavestheday

birdman, i fixed the overflow! now it sounds just like an HOB waterfall.. also the bubbles makes some noise from the sump.. i would fix it but i just want to stop fussing with my tank for a bit.

birdman where did you get your fourline? i have a flatworm problem i dont want a sixline.

• 5 months later...

Nice blue color fom a 10k. Are you planing to supplement it with additional actinics? I have an aqualine double ended 10k hqi, it looks kinda blue right now, and has burned less than 100 hours, so I don't know if it will become bluer. The bulb manual says it is a 10k, and then also says 13k somewhere. I am so confused, I just hope mine will become bluer like yours.

Archived