Cultivated Reef

Powerquad help

penguin

Hey guys I just picked up from a clearance rack at a LFS a CustomSeaLife Powerquad system. It's the one with the powerquad 27w plus 9w actinic. The only problem was the kit wasn't complete. Here's what it came with. 3 powerquad lights, 3 9w actinics, the connection for the 9w, the reflector and acrylic peice. I need to know what I'm missing and if at all possible can I pick up the rest. I know for sure the ballast, but how much are those and the connection for the powerquad lights, it's the one with the grouped 4 pin connectors. I'm totally new at this and need some help. If none of this stuff can be found, the stuff was only ten bucks, so I'm not out that much money.

speakeraddict

You will need the connectors(sockets) for the quads, ballast( you already knew that), and a fan if you are going to use acrylic lens or if you are not going to suspend it.

speakeraddict

Any chance anyone knows where i can pick up a 27w ballast. That seems to be my biggest problem at this point. The guy at the LFS found the connector for the quad bulbs and I already had the connector for the other 9w. I checked helliolights.com and the other one discussed on here and none of them carry a 27w ballast. Can i use a 28w ballast?? I am planning a custom hood already for the aquarium that will have two cpu fans pulling air in and out so heat shouldn't be an issue, but yes they will be fully sealed.

speakeraddict

look for anyone that carries fulham ballasts.

4 27 watt bulbs should run off of a WH5.

speakeraddict

Archived