SaltCritters.com

new tank need help

johnrags1234

johnrags1234

Hey Everyone!

I just decided to set up a nano. those bow front 7 gallons are catching my eye alot! so anyway i found one for 89 dollars including a power compact. Im not sure what the wattage is though. Anyway do you guys think the light that comes with it will be powerful enough for some sps's or small clams. If no what could it handle? Thanks in advance guys and gals

printerdown01

Are you talking about an Alife? I know that there are a few 7.5 gallon bowfronts on the market (most come equiped with either NO or PC bulbs). Anyway if it is the Alife try to get ahold of Alife7 or Deezreef on this site... Both of these guys should be fairly familiar with what can and cannot be kept in an Alife... If it isn't an Alife (and I believe even Alifes have different PC wattages that they install) you'll need to know the wattage of the light... It would also be helpful if you knew either the spectrum (aka the temperature of the light, this is measured in Kelvins "K") or the plug type (with this we could tell you who makes a bulb that would be safe for a reef tank). The reason that I say this is because I recently found a fish tank sold with a PC bulb that was NOT fit for a reef... -sorry but I need to know a little bit more about the light before I personally could help you...

Archived