Pod Your Reef

Minibow 7

Chris687

This is when I decided to make my Minibow my display tank and pulled my favorite zoo rock from the nano cube.

Its the one in the center...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a picture of my xenia farm. I only had it for one month and decided to give it to my parents as a gift.

I started my Nano Cube as a fresh water tank... It didn't take but a week before I decied to switch it over to a saltwater tank.

This was back last September...

This pic was when I converted the Nano Cube to Saltwater. On Oct.31st last year.

I was so excited. I remember the day so clearly. It was raining heavy and I was soaked from head to toe. It was my day off work so I had time to mess around with it.

Started the tank with one piece of live rock and a blue damsel.

This blue damsel was my first saltwater fish. I was so excited to get him.

Now I don't have a fish in my minibow. I am more into the corals than the fish.

I am thinking about geting a small true perc to host in RTBA. This will be when my tank in more stabilizied. At least at six months or longer.

Thanks everyone!!!

Kelpie- check out this site for more information on the surface skimmer I am running.

http://www.geocities.com/myfishtank2001/skimmer.htm

Noonan- That fuge is for my minibow. One of the reasons I don't own a nano cube anymore is because you can't put a hob fuge or filter without ripping the whole top off. Or doing some major hacking to the hood.

I got the macro from a local reefer.

I bought the aquaclear surface skimmer. All of them work the same. You just hook them up to a hob filter. I love mine. It keeps the surface nice and clean.

Just the way I like it...

ruuskystar

looks good...really good...your a lucky man, a nice succesful nano-tank and a hot wife ;)

congrats

pardon the mess. I had to frag my xenia once again. I am fraggin about once every two weeks. And its giving me enough money to help support my reefing habit.

This is what powers my night time light. Which you saw in the begining of the post.

Coaralife 2-9watt 50/50

This has given me even better growth rates which I didn't think possible.

I love the ripple effect my ac300 gives to the surface of the water. Which you can see even better at night.

Archived