inTank Media Baskets

BRS (Bulk Reef Supply) RO/DI - DISAPPOINTED!

GrantM3

Would like to say that BRS has TERRIBLE customer support. I received my RO/DI system about 3 weeks ago and sent customer support pictures of all the fittings that were broken upon arrival. Days later after NO RESPONSE AT ALL from them I went to the local Home Depot/Lowe's and rigged up some fittings to replace all 5 broken fittings. The box had NO damage at all that it was shipped in and there was no way it could of been done during shipping as the package was wrapped very well! This item was mishandled and broken before shipping obviously. The quality control and customer support is absolutely horrible and I will not be purchasing replacement filters through them.

Still to this day have not had a response to the pictures I sent in to customer support of all the cracked fittings (5 total). Along with the 27$ In fittings and hour drive to hardware store then another hour back.

I had a question once... so I called.

Tried that... Unless you have more than 10 minutes of patience of waiting for a representative then go for it. ADHD ftl...

Weird. Nothing but great experiences with them here. I have called them on several occasions and they were always very helpful and answered the phone in a reasonable amount of time. My 5 stage RODI is serving me well. I think you should have tried to call them. I really think they would have made things right.

kriskristofferzen
Weird. Nothing but great experiences with them here. I have called them on several occasions and they were always very helpful and answered the phone in a reasonable amount of time. My 5 stage RODI is serving me well. I think you should have tried to call them. I really think they would have made things right.

Agreed. Nothing but a good experience for me and i have the same set up as you. I have called and asked questions on multiple occassions and they were helpful. Maybe it was just a high call volume time or thry were in a meeting or aomething. I have never been on hold when i call

I did only call once when I was very frustrated already after sending the emails. I will try to call again this week and see if I can get further support. It was just thing after thing... Going to hardware store several times first time after visually finding broken fittings then when I went to hook it up found 2 more pissing all over the place under pressure and they were cracked right at the molded joint on the fitting.

kriskristofferzen
I did only call once when I was very frustrated already after sending the emails. I will try to call again this week and see if I can get further support. It was just thing after thing... Going to hardware store several times first time after visually finding broken fittings then when I went to hook it up found 2 more pissing all over the place under pressure and they were cracked right at the molded joint on the fitting.

yikes. i would let them know verbally. i accidentally dropped my ro/di while switching out the di resin once and two fittings broke, called and spoke to them, and had them shipped quickly. i had to pay but it saved a trip to the hardware store. good luck. my ro/di has been running fine for over 14 months since that incident and i have changed out all the filters more than once already and it is still chugging away. maybe they will refund your expense for broken fittings. it is always the small things that break and make life miserable.

Hi,

A customer pointed this thread out to me and I wanted to address this situation for you. Please contact the head of customer service directly and he will make sure this is solved to your satisfaction. brandon@bulkreefsupply.com. You can call or use our chat feature to ask for him directly as well.

The automation and handling at the big shipping companies is not always what we would like it to be. It might not look like the package took an impact but if it lands flat on a side it is unlikely to show much damage to the heavy duty boxes we use but the product could have taken a solid impact. We build all of our RO systems here and wrap them in a significant amount of bubble wrap but there isn't a way to prevent 100% of the damage when it is going to through UPS shipping automation and traveling thousands of miles. We try and back that up with quality customer service and quick solutions to issues, it seems in this case that didn't happen for some reason and I am sorry. If you could provide some details to Brandon on when your emails were sent we will find them and figure out why they didn't get responded to promptly.

We do have high call and email volume times but the current response time to emails is averaging less than three business hours and calls under 30 seconds. We also offer a online chat service that is fairly quick as well.

Again I am sorry you went through this hassle, If you contact Brandon he will take care of you.

Thanks, Ryan

Archived