SaltCritters.com

First 55 build

EyeCandyExtreame

EyeCandyExtreame

Well this is my first attempt at saltwater and I'm having a blast. Please excuse the bleh pics my phone is my only camera. The lighting on it is only temporary also as I have to build a top for the tank before I can put up my real lights.

Day 1 May 25, 2012

IMG_6408.jpg

Got a few rocks

IMG_3837.jpg

Rock work started with dead rock

IMG_0830.jpg

Lights on

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

Live rock added

IMG_4320.jpg

Pic taken today

IMG_9902.jpg

New scallops

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_5335.jpg

Green star polyps

IMG_2997.jpg

Polyps unknown

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_9780.jpg

Encrusting thing just waking up

IMG_0077.jpg

revaltion131

Definitely a young tank, but tons of potential. I like your aquascape, especially the barnacle skeletons. What are you planning on for lights, flow, skimmer, etc?

EyeCandyExtreame

@JamesHL Thanks :)

@ revaltion the tank is over a year old but all the "good" stuff that was in it was killed by red slime algae cause previous owner got lax with water changes and used tap instead of RO. For lights I have a Tek Light T5 that I will be putting on and am going to be getting LED lights of some sort. I'm very new to salt so bear with my terminology. I have one blower fan thing running on one end and where the water is pumped from the sump to the tank on the other end. I think it's enough flow. The skimmer came from my parents and it ran a 125 gallon. Have 40 pounds of live sand and a bunch of live rock. Also have a Nitrate reactor but don't think I need it so don't have it hooked up.

@WrongGenoType I can't wait to get fish put in, but I want to let my pod population expand a little bit more even though it's quite large right now.

@albertthiel Thanks for the link. I got phytoplankton for them and have been direct feeding with that. I have to get one other type of food if I can find it also for them

albertthiel
@JamesHL Thanks :)

@ revaltion the tank is over a year old but all the "good" stuff that was in it was killed by red slime algae cause previous owner got lax with water changes and used tap instead of RO. For lights I have a Tek Light T5 that I will be putting on and am going to be getting LED lights of some sort. I'm very new to salt so bear with my terminology. I have one blower fan thing running on one end and where the water is pumped from the sump to the tank on the other end. I think it's enough flow. The skimmer came from my parents and it ran a 125 gallon. Have 40 pounds of live sand and a bunch of live rock. Also have a Nitrate reactor but don't think I need it so don't have it hooked up.

@WrongGenoType I can't wait to get fish put in, but I want to let my pod population expand a little bit more even though it's quite large right now.

@albertthiel Thanks for the link. I got phytoplankton for them and have been direct feeding with that. I have to get one other type of food if I can find it also for them

Yes I agree that finding the right food is important for their survival. Which one have you not found yet? Let me know and I'll see if I can locate it for you ...

Albert

Archived