Pod Your Reef

Can I add plants to my BC29?

convict2161

convict2161

If so what would be ideal? I have a modded out BC29 with AI SOL BLUE LED system set at 50% at noon. My buddy was saying I should add plants for a nice look.I haven't seen many tanks with plants and TBH I really didn't know they had saltwater plants.

Any ideas/advice? also if I could where would I get them from and what kind?

My tank has an upgraded pump (MJ1200) Skimmer Tunze 9002 with inTanks upgraded cup (airline mod)

inTanks media rack, running chemi pure elite, purigen and phosguard.

Was just a thought....

Thanks!

Plants = corals or plants = plants?

You can add fake ones from petco if you want a gaudy tank

or plants = macro algae?

convict2161
Plants = corals or plants = plants?

You can add fake ones from petco if you want a gaudy tank

or plants = macro algae?

No I don't want a poser tank lol. My friend sai reefs2go had shoots or something?

Actually it's called a saltwater mangrove shoot. Rhizophora mangel

No I don't want a poser tank lol. My friend sai reefs2go had shoots or something?

Actually it's called a saltwater mangrove shoot. Rhizophora mangel

Mangroves are cool but only in a sump or fuge IMO

I wouldn't do one in a BC29 unless you want something sticking out of the rear of you tank. And if it even gets enough light since it would be higher than the light (maybe)

sump.jpg

albertthiel
Ahhhh... Ok probably, didn't think it made much sense. Thanks everyone!

If you want macro algae do some research on the Net on which ones are good to add as not all of them are suitable ... e..g. I do not like Caulerpa but there are so many others that you should be able to find some to add if that is what you want, or if you have a refugium then add some in there

Yes sure you can add mangroves but if you are new to this hobby you may need to get some input from others and do some reading up as they have a number of requirements or they will not do well (nutrients, light, temp etc.)

I know I am not giving you detailed answer but just adding on to what others have already suggested.

Albert

Archived