Top Shelf Aquatics

nitrite question

oceanhighz

well, in short, my tank sprung a leak, and I ended up buying a new tank, and putting the half of the water that was left and the sand that was in the tank in the new one. I tested the water today, wondering if I could add my stuff back into it yet. My ammonia level was good, but my nitrites were high. Is this the end of the cycle, and I should be letting my stats drop to zero, or is it something else?

Brandon???

If you have a means of keeping the stuff in a sperate tank/container, then keep them there until the tank has fully cycled.

You say it has good ammonia levels, and nitrite is too high...but what exactly are the levels?

There is no point in putting the stuff into this tank now only to stress them out and possible death etc. So since you have a means of keeping them alive now, keep it that way until the tank has cycled. it would probably take a week or so more.

Hope this helps.

thanks sahin, I'm gonna go test the water again, and when I get back on later I will post the readings. really no use in saying anything else until I find out the readings. Thanks

Brandon

The nitrite readings, have they spiked yet? Or is this the end? I think it may be just the start as the ammonia is still there. So hang in there, test a few days later and see how it is. I give it a week more and then you can move all the critters in after a small water change.

Hope that helps, good luck, hopefully no more leaks in the future.

the nitrites finally spiked, OMG, it went really high. I gotta get the readings again to say exactly what they are.

Brandon

Archived