ReefCleaners.org

2 IDs on live rock

mattidallama

mattidallama

I have this one rock in my fluval edge that is starting to grow some weird stuff on it and from looking around the web i have come to the conclusion that it might be two things but i want to see if i can get some help solidifying my assumptions. I also have a bunch of my dwarf snails that their shells have turned black and im worried that it might be the same thing that is on the rock

Wierd thing on side of Rock, Hydroid maybe

2012-06-07_20-43-36_877.jpg

close up of same thing

2012-06-07_20-42-46_172.jpg

What im going to call the sponge.

2012-06-07_20-43-23_256.jpg

revaltion131

The second is quite a nice sponge. The first are hydroids or aiptasia but I'm not very good at telling them apart unless I can see them in person, so I will let someone else confirm that one for you.

mattidallama

the stocks on them are tiny and the fingers look more like feather dusters than aptasia so i don't think its aptasia. but hey i could be wrong and its very clustered and central to that spot in the tank.

Btw is the sponge a good sponge or a omg its going to take over the tank and eat my children sponge

mattidallama

even with things as delicate as a seahorse i was planing to get a couple dwarfs in the next month or so once i have done enough research to feel comfortable with them in my tank

altolamprologus
even with things as delicate as a seahorse i was planing to get a couple dwarfs in the next month or so once i have done enough research to feel comfortable with them in my tank

You can't put dwarfs in there. They need their own species-specific setup and you can't use liverock

Archived