Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Well, heres my 20 gallon in progress

SaltyMist

SaltyMist

Okay, I've accomplished my initial goal, that of to get more light in the tank.

So heres a couple shots of before and after.

This first one is with the 65w only, it's a 50/50 custom sea life bulb, and I absolutely hate it, but I accidently dropped the fixture into the tank a couple days ago, so it burned out my coral life 65w 50/50 with true 03 acitinic, so I had to put back in the custom sealife bulb. To my eyes, this bulb makes the tank look very green.

65wonly.jpg

Now heres the tank after adding a 55w 10,000k bulb (I had to get the 55w retro kit as it's all that my LFS stocked and gave it to me for $49.00) So this shot has both the 65w 50/50 bulb on and the 55w 10k bulb.

65and55.jpg

It definately looks better in person as the colors are quite vibrant in person and get really washed out in photos.

My camera a Sony F717 was just out of charge when I uploaded these to my computer so I've got it on the charger now and will post some macros later on. Theres not a whole lot in it right now,

2 clowns

1 firefish (in perpetual hiding)

1 peppermint shrimp

4 scarlet hermit crabs (oops, I mean 3, one died somehow and I found it's body yesterday)

3 margarita snails

4 algae snails

3 Jumbo huge algae snails

1 redfooted moon snail. (see photo below)

5 cyrinth (sp) snails

1 Anemonie hermit crab (see photo below)

35lbs of liverock

1 brown mushroom rock (with about 15 mushrooms on it)

1 green frilly mushroom branch (with about 15 mushrooms on it)

30 lbs of live sand

Some unknown green plant (the LFS owner told me what it was but gave me some long scientific name, so I dont remember it)

-------------------------

Equipment

20 gallon high glass tank

seaclone 100 skimmer

cascade 1000 canister filter (just running carbon and a presponge)

2 rio 50 power heads

1 rio 200 power head

No name 100w heater

Aquaclear type surface skimmer attached to the intake of the canister filter to keep the surface of the tank clean.

Anemone Hermit crab:

id_this_crab.jpg

Red footed moon snail:

snail12.jpg

Archived