ReefCleaners.org

Bakenn's 29 Gallons of Aqua

Bakenn

So I haven't updated this thread in a long time. I moved my tank and during the move I drilled it, rearranged the rock, and upgraded a few things =). I now have the ReefKeeper Lite that I use to control mainly the heater and the ATO to keep everything a little more stable but it has so many cool features that make it very useful to have. I'm planning on doing a big order of coral soon, I'm also going to order a clam once they are available from the place I plan on buying from and the clam is going in the middle of the two rock islands.

Sorry for the poor picture quality!

FTS:

tank.jpg

Sump:

tank3.jpg

ReefKeeper Lite:

tank1.jpg

Candy Cane coral I think, not to sure:

tank4.jpg

Green Striped Mushrooms:

tank2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: I turned the middle section of my sump into a refugium with some rock rubble, sand, and chaeto seeded with copepods that will be here tomorrow . My goal is to get a Green Mandarin, I'm going to wait a few weeks until I have a good pod population going on in there. Once my tank stabilizes from the move I am going to order some more coral.

So I got the chaeto in the refugium now and it looks great! I had to switch out the pump because the flow was too strong but now the flow is nice and slow. I'll post some pictures tomorrow after my last final of the semester wooooo!

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone, just wanted to update this thread. I've been doing regular maintenance to the tank for the past several months but haven't really added anything new until today! I got about 15 different corals that I put in there in early January but since then nothing new. I have about 7 different Zoanthids, 7 Mushrooms, a Frogspawn, and the new addition today was a clam. I also added a Six-Line Wrasse which was either hiding or blending in, in the pictures. I'll take some close up pictures of all of the corals soon. Let me know what you think!

Full Shot

Tank1_zpsa9e09494.jpg

Left Shot

Tank3_zps1566a188.jpg

Middle Shot

Tank4_zpsee720d42.jpg

Right Shot

Tank5_zpsba4c222b.jpg

My New Clam!

ClamMarch3rd_zps84d57b42.jpg

Archived