Pod Your Reef

Ma Wee Bonnie 30 Litre Reef

polarblair2000

polarblair2000

Hey mate I've not been around much after having to tale a break from the hobby and just had a catch up on your thread the tank in your last bunch of pictures looked amazing and really healthy sorry to hear about the SPS na dtemoerature swings they are quite delicate and as you said the Scottish winters aren't the mildest. Look for ward to seeing your new tank develop keep up the good work and great photography

Hey thanks for dropping by. Shame to hear your taking a break, your tank was looking awesome the last time I looked.

Yeah my tank was looking really good a couple of months ago but after losing some SPS, especially my Orange Monti and Green Confusia which had doubled in size I was pretty bummed.

But I have learned a lot from this little tank and the plan is to take it over to the new one. I was stupid to add so many sps to a Nano tank really, and I really wished I had spent the money on some nice LPS instead. My plan to start of with anyway is to focus on LPS and Softies. Looking at tanks like MasterMind9 you can get a great looking tank without SPS, and I really prefer the movement you get from LPS. Well thats the plan anyway.

UPDATES

So as Ive mentioned I have lost more SPS. Total of 4 have been lost so far including the Orange Monti and Green Confusa. I have added some ROWA PHOS in the back chamber, reduced feedings and increased water changes but I couldn't save them despite my efforts to improve water quality. I have deduced that it is a simple temperature problem that I cant really combat with the size of tank and the winter weather - and my wife constantly adjusting the thermostat.

So with the new tank hopefully I will be able to manage my temps better with a larger volume of water and better equipment.

On top of all this my Neon Goby is MIA. I noticed he never came out whilst I was feeding the other week. He couldn't be found anywhere. I checked the floor, checked under the stand, in the drawers of the stand, in the back chambers of the tank... No where! So unless he is hiding inside the rock work where I cant see him I think something either attacked him and ate him, or he died and was eaten. Which is strange as I haven't noticed any nitrate spikes or corals closing up, or remains of the little guy. - He may appear when I break the tank down for the upgrade.

...You would of thought this would dampen my spirits but with the new build almost at the end Im looking forward to my second attempt and hopefully this time less things will go wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed watching your progress with this tank!

I will be getting a TMC 30L myself, live in London, and the TMC looks like the best AIO package. Are you pleased with it?

Any advice you would give concerning the equipment?

• 1 month later...
polarblair2000

I enjoyed watching your progress with this tank!

I will be getting a TMC 30L myself, live in London, and the TMC looks like the best AIO package. Are you pleased with it?

Any advice you would give concerning the equipment?

Sorry I never replied to you. I have left a pretty large reply in your thread (sorry bout that but hope you find some of the info usefull)

Archived