inTank Media Baskets

Breeding clownfish cost

Blennylover14

Blennylover14

I know alot of you breed clowns.. I think it would be a great experience.. Can you help me figure out how much it will be?

Also any tips??? I just want one pair to breed thanks!

cost== depends on what type of pair they range from normal breeding pairs $300.00 a pair to designer breeding pairs up to gazeebo..

plus you have to factor in electric bill and water bill cause you do use tons of water and tons of electricity, also salt you need to buy them by the buckets for all the water changes,,, if i could start over i would do only one breeding pair and forget this 8-20 pairs gets a little challenging for a while with so many pairs.. plus you have to have plenty of time on your hands if you can do that well it should be cool......

for some tips read many of our threads, especially Pickles sticky up top. as or costs it all depends on what kind of clowns you want to try. if you want a regular pair of laying occy, i would say you could get a pair for $100 or so.

get a used 10g tank or 20g tank pumps heaters etc. you'll need to feed them alot so food will be a good bit of your cost.

you'll need some hatching tanks, get a few 5.5g tanks and a 20g for older fry.

time is gonna be your biggest investment. plant to spend alot of time cleaning feeeding etc.

as for a good price for a start up investment i would say budget for $500 to 1000 for everything.

I would suggest getting them a volkswagen beetle, ample water, and shoe/nose polish.

small_Clowns_in_car-217x159.png

How is this funny? You're just being ein arsch.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending wether you are buying a breeding pair or starting from juvis. Running cost per month depends on size of tanks and power usage of equipment. Figure about 150 per month on electric and water, salt is more so for a few pairs you are looking at about 200 per month. That just the cost and does nt include your time

Archived