3741Light_Hood.jpg

3741Nano_Gardens.jpg

3741Trumpet_Tantacles.jpg

3741Green_Shrooms.jpg

3741Feathers_Anthelia.jpg

3741Coral_Banded.jpg

3741Cleaner_Shrimp_and_Hermit_Crab.jpg

wintercool97

Awesome! How much rock is that? My tank is WAY more full:blush: I am thinking it is to much... I have an 5 gallon tank that I may decide to another nano, and move some of the rock to it........ It seems that nanos are just like potato chips, one is never enough! :P

I have the same lighting on my 10 gallon and had been wondering about Ricordia for it. Every one keeps saying that they need more light, so I thought they where out, how is yours doing? I may go ahead and put them back on my list! Your feather dusters are to cool, great tank:)

wintercool97

Well, what I was told, and I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong, is that 32 watts is in the low range, so you can keep low light corals, softies, like mushrooms, some zoos, and I have seen some people with candy cane in it just fine. Now if you want to go with the harder corals you will need the 80 watts, or so, on the 10 gallon. It all depends on what you are aiming for. For me until I am out of college it is a budget issue. So low lights are cheaper and will be fine for me learn on. Then if I want in a year or so I can go up on my lighting. Hope that helped :)

Thank y'all for the compliments. the tank has about 12-15 pounds of rock. there used to be more but i took a vacation and had a mean case of algae....and decided to transfer everything to the 2 main rocks. the rics are doing very well in the light and the 32 watts seems to be the perfect amount in my case. they are at the bottom of the tank, they have remained the same color since i brought 'em home....and a couple weeks ago i fragged one into 3 pieces and the 2 orphan pieces grew mouths in a matter of days......so i guess that's an indication that they are ok. when i first started my tank 9 months ago, 32w for a 10 gallon seemed to be the standard for keeping beginner corals like mine. i can't remember the gallon to wattage ratio, but 32 has worked well for me. thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
fishbabies

latest pix....added some zoos, anthelia(waving hand xenia), pumping xenia, and doughnut/open-brain coral, and sun coral

3741FullTank-2Fish.JPG

3741Tank45Angle-5-24.JPG

3741SunCoralOpen-5-24.JPG

3741TheChannel-5-26.JPG

fishbabies

thank you....i got them at Aquatic Outlet near LAX. they were $24.99 when i got them. their prices seem to change in response to the sales they are having....the better the sale, the higher everything seems to be priced

Archived