Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reyam's B45 Reef/Fish Tank

Reyam

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
albertthiel
Just the small bag of matrix carbon from Seachem. Also the Seagel(matrix carbon/phos guard combo). I had carbon filter floss but switched it for Nitrate reducer... Not sure either of them do anything. Might just get cheap disposeable plain floss. And look at the larger bottles/make my own bags of the carbon and other products.

Daughter is tellin me it's bed time. I will post again later.

So is everything doing better now and are you levels going down ... you may want to post an update to my thread where this topic was also being discussed Reyam so readers there know what is going on.

Thanks ----- Albert

albertthiel
yeah, that's comming up today Albert. =-)

Thanks ... that keeps everyone up to date then on how things are developing. I appreciate it.

Albert

Yay tank is looking awesome!

Yeah it's going pretty good. You know minus the water parameters. I keep changing the setup while the rock cures. I plan to have everything ready prior to my re-scape and drop of the Pukani rock into the tank. (cheato and light in bay#2, new filter bags and contents) you know Custom. Might run a Skimmer in the future down below but for now.... Simple.

I cant get over how cool this tank is 45 gallons and wonderful curves! Tried googling it and all that pop'd up was your name AHAHA. Would love to own one.

I cant get over how cool this tank is 45 gallons and wonderful curves! Tried googling it and all that pop'd up was your name AHAHA. Would love to own one.

Wish it was named for it's size after displacement. Lol, only 29-32 gal of water. Darn you DSB and 35lbs of rock.

albertthiel
Yeah it's going pretty good. You know minus the water parameters. I keep changing the setup while the rock cures. I plan to have everything ready prior to my re-scape and drop of the Pukani rock into the tank. (cheato and light in bay#2, new filter bags and contents) you know Custom. Might run a Skimmer in the future down below but for now.... Simple.

Sounds good and yes a skimmer would be a very good addition to the tank indeed

Albert

Awesome mod bud. Now when you get that fuge/algae scrubber going try same light cycle and watch PH and then put the fuge/scrubber on opposite light cycle from the display and see if your PH stays fairly stable.

Either way doing this now and at all was a good idea of making more practical use of the area.

Good work

Awesome mod bud. Now when you get that fuge/algae scrubber going try same light cycle and watch PH and then put the fuge/scrubber on opposite light cycle from the display and see if your PH stays fairly stable.

Either way doing this now and at all was a good idea of making more practical use of the area.

Good work

Yeah the mod is pretty cool and I am glad it is opening things up a bit. I did drop an algae tablet in that my snails in my fresh tank destroy in minutes and about 3sec after it hit the sand my hermits went crazy trying to track the scent. They ate on it all night and there was a few small bit left over this morning. It was crazy to watch and a fun little exp.

• 2 weeks later...

Current FTS

fts1.jpg

Right side

rside.jpg

Left side

lside.jpg

Close up of Live Rock Purple, Pink a Turbo and little star guy

lrandstar.jpg

Life!

growth.jpg

So yes as you can see there is new live stock, will get some good single photos when they calm down.

Welcome Coral(female) and Nemo(male)

Both clowns have great color. I think that is a yellow polyp which could possibly colonize into a nice yellow mat across some of your rock. The coralline is looking good. Conch is super cool. Miss my halloween

The polyp thing is freaky. Gets big like that but can also shrink down and appear to be no gone completly. I am very happy with the clowns, tank raised nanos that are huge IMO and I got 1 for $18 and the other for $13.5. Dug up the conch moving in new rock and he has done countless laps around the outside of the tank. He will not go in the middle but has a sweet looking track around the edge. Halloweens have such great color to them. They are a nice addition. Also B/c my rock is so porous I think I might get another 2 emerald crabs, their flat body can get in and out better then everyone else. The more I watch it the more life I find!!! Winner winner.

2 emerald crabs should be more than enough unless you are feeding them.

Yeah, the last thing I had read was around 1 per 10gal and depends on tank/contents.

albertthiel
Well looks more green to me. Was a HH on my LFS LR.

So are you saying the light over the tank makes it look yellow but it is really green ? A green long tentacle Zoa maybe?

So are you saying the light over the tank makes it look yellow but it is really green ? A green long tentacle Zoa maybe?

not sure as of yet. Give it a little more time(months) to grow out and we shall see. =) This hobby is so much fun. Finding new things in your tank is what peaks my curiosity every night when I sit down and pull up the bench to watch my NR grow.

albertthiel
not sure as of yet. Give it a little more time(months) to grow out and we shall see. =) This hobby is so much fun. Finding new things in your tank is what peaks my curiosity every night when I sit down and pull up the bench to watch my NR grow.

Finding new things in your tank is what peaks my curiosity every night when I sit down and pull up the bench to watch my NR grow.

Guess you are very patient then ... :)

And yes that is the fun especially finding new life forms that we did not know we had !

Albert

Guess you are very patient then ... :)

And yes that is the fun especially finding new life forms that we did not know we had !

Albert

speaking of which, last night I noticed the white circle that is pictured with the Unidentified Plant was no longer a circle but broken into a few pieces...there is a red worm creature living in the rock using it as a front door. He opens and closes it and pulls food in. I am very intrigued about this creature and will continue to watch and document his behavior. No I am not aspiring to be a marine biologist or anything but I do love my reef. B)

albertthiel
speaking of which, last night I noticed the white circle that is pictured with the Unidentified Plant was no longer a circle but broken into a few pieces...there is a red worm creature living in the rock using it as a front door. He opens and closes it and pulls food in. I am very intrigued about this creature and will continue to watch and document his behavior. No I am not aspiring to be a marine biologist or anything but I do love my reef. B)

Could be a bristleworm but to be sure we'd need a picture or you would have to see it better so you can determine whether it is one or not

• 2 weeks later...

Archived