Top Shelf Aquatics

my 10 gal nano

reeferhead

This is my 10 galllon reef.

Specs: 10 gal. AGA

32 watt CSL retro, 2x 10w 50/50 coralife, 1 NO 50/50

Millenium 1000 no media, DIY refugium w/ Chaeto/grape caul.

100 watt Visi-therm

ADTO with float switch off of ebay

Ocellaris Clown, Purple dwarf coral banded shrimp

asst. snail/crabs, emerald crab

pink/green open brain

2 pink devil's hands

Pulsing Xenia

GSP, mushrooms, zoos

A few months back I had a terrible algae problem, but since setting up the refugium, that problem has been almost fully taken care of, I do still have some hair algae, but not nearly as much.

I have an empty 20 gallon I'm thinking of transfering to, but am just finally getting this tank where I like it, so I may not. It also depends on what the wife says. Because I also want MH lighting upgrade and she may not like the price, she doesn't know how much I like to spend on my little hobby :-)

I just picked up a used but in good condition eco-systems 40 HOB refugium so some time this week I'll be making the switch because my current diy fuge gets the job done but is pretty ugly.

For my current fuge, I used the inlet and outlet from my cpr 2r skimmer, and a 2 gallon Wal-Mart rubbermaid container. Ugly like I said but works better than my skimmer ever did.

ninhsavestheday

looks good, but i think more water volume is better because it mistakes and mishaps wont mess up your tank as much. sense your you have a 20 gallon lying around why dont you turn that into a sump?

DRZL-sauras

thats a cool cheap idea but please stick that in a cabinet somewhere;) ....that is UGLY and u got no alibi....:x

Archived