Cultivated Reef

New Addition

Demosthenes

Demosthenes

Some of you may know my setup, some may not, so I'll describe it. I have a 20H, 60 lbs LS, 40 lbs LR, Weir Overflow, Custom Sump, MagDrive7 as return pump, and a SeaClone100. I've been having problems keeping the fine-grain sand of the rocks due to the very high circulation, so I now have a spray-bar to evenly distribute that. I plan on keeping SPS and Clams, with only an Engineer Goby as an inhabitant. Also I am ordering CleanUp Crew from eTropicals.com. For lighting I have a 400W MH Pendant with a 15K Xanium bulb. I have been wondering as to which SPS coral is should add first. Any suggestions?

you probably need to wait until your tank more mature(6mo. on safe side). Start with montipora digitata, Porites very hardy. But you light definitely good for any sps and clams.

printerdown01

Ditto on the montipora digita, but I say go for it a few weeks after the cycle! I have a SPS that came on some LR that actually survived my cycle over a year ago, and its not like I had the ideal conditions for him either (at the time I was only running 30W of NO lighting!!!!!). He was 1/2 way dead when he was introduced into the tank, I never even remotely thought that he would survive!

Archived