Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What can I grow with this lighting?

harleychic

harleychic

Hi all. I have a 6 gallon Fluval Edge fully cycled, going to pick up my mated pair of harlequins in the next day or so from the LFS. Are there any red macros I can grow eith the stock LED light? Thanks!

Trogdor447

Caution with the heat - will cause temps to get up there quickly dont know if you wanna do a light on / light off cycle throughout the day as to keep a stable temp - my room temp is higher than most upstairs but... if you keep a stable 65 room temp you may be ok - My stock lights got too hot and i replaced w/ LED on top of glass

Trogdor447
You have stock LEDs right?

I dont believe that would get too hot

sorry i apparently did a stupid move and glanced over this just read fluval and figured mr11 lights - yes

harleychic

Thanks, I was hoping to get the dragon's breath! Any tips for someone who's only algae experience is cheato?

post-71835-1336179427_thumb.jpg..

i have this one in pc lighting not sure of id gracillarius curtissae or a dictyota???

Gracilaria curtissae - to the best of my knowledge, there are no red Dictyota species as those are simply mis-identifications (likely Fauchea sp.).

fraxinius
Gracilaria curtissae - to the best of my knowledge, there are no red Dictyota species as those are simply mis-identifications (likely Fauchea sp.).

i m in agreement with your id...the dictyota i saw were not like this one

Archived