ReefCleaners.org

AFXTWIN's FLUVAL EDGE 6gal NANO

afxtwin

wow, it's been a few years since i've been on here... i "mostly" lurked anyway. i had a 10gal nano during that time but unfortunately i had to move last year and take it down.

anyways, i got the itch again... but this time i wanted a smaller tank that i could take care of at work. i was searching around and saw that Fluval had a few different lines of tanks. was considering the Chi, but i saw the EDGE and that was it... SOLD! i bought some Nature's Ocean Live Aragonite Sand. Started the tank on 4/28/12.

EDIT: i will update and upload pics once my tank is established. i went through wayyy too many changes and such to make a cohesive thread.

I don't normally follow the Pico tanks on here but I really like the design of thefluval edges. Oh and that looks like live rock to me... :-). Good luck and happy reefing

Loose the heater and buy a better one. That heater looks like a tank crasher. Look into a stealth heater. I think they are made by marine land?

Nice. Job with the leds though :-)

PS the rock doesn't have to be porous. The bacteria live on the rock. Don't throw our rock out! Its the right thing. LR is LR seeded or natural, they both work exactly the same 

That's the old ones. The new ones don't have those problems. You might look into the Jagger heaters. Heaters are the number 1 cause of a tank crash. he cheap ones can get stuck on and overheat the tank quickly, especially a Pico tank

Archived