Innovative Marine Aquariums

Frogfishing

RustyRocket

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry guys, this little guy went belly up on the 23rd of December 2012...he stop feeding for some reason, not even Live Brine or his usual gut loaded live shrimp could turn his appetite. and he just wasted away within the weeks to follow.Was torture watching him not feed week after week...but hes in a better place now :(.

• 8 months later...

How difficult are they to keep, do they have poison id love to keep one they are awesome

Not difficult at all, just watch what you put in with them and feed them well xD!! Mine never went on frozen foods, so pretty much had to feed them live every other day which got annoying.

Nope they arent poisonious.

Ive also dug up a video of when he first when into his 10 gallon shallow. Hes grown quite a bit, but 3 months after it went belly up for some reason :'(

Apperently if you feed to much the stop eating and die

Not acusing u of this btw just saying its common.

Just looked them up and it's recommended they have a 20g tank totally gonna get one

Theres a possibility it could be, it was eating a heck load of glass shrimp. I just gave him some as soon as his belly went flat like in the video. It was my first time keeping one and as any baby fish you feed more often than adults so I just fed the crap out of it, which lead to his demise :(

Ooooh sorry to hear. Are you going to try again. They seem like amazing fish i would love to set up a small tank for one.

Where did you keep your shrimp for him

How difficult are they to keep, do they have poison id love to keep one they are awesome

Actually, the tiny specimens are indeed considerably more challenging, as they require very small prey/food items. They're also more delicate than larger specimens. If you've never kept an angler, or another predator that you've had to feed from a stick, I'd recommend getting a 3" specimen.

Anglers are very easy to overfeed, and feeding a fish too large an item, or too often, can be the difference between success and failure.

There's also a little understood, but very real issue with anglers known as Sudden Angler Death (SAD), in which a seemingly healthy fish begins darting around, bloats, and dies in very short order. Nobody knows why, but it happens rather often.

HTH

Archived