ReefCleaners.org

xDMx 14 Gallon BioCube

xDetroitMetalx

xDetroitMetalx

FedEx has not been the best in this area. My 14 Bio Cube's box was soaking wet as rain was getting into the truck. My aquarium heater box was crushed on one side. My Morphologics shipment was handled roughly and 3 bags were leaking water. So yea, when it has fragile living creatures such as them it frightens me.

xDetroitMetalx

The gobies are here and look really good. The shrimp is very small, but seems very healthy as well. I acclimated them and they are now in the tank hiding with the lights off. Their breathing is very slow and calm and they have all found each other and are hiding out together. Their eyes are crazy looking, looks like a snakes almost. Hopefully I start seeing them in the next couple of days to give you all some pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
xDetroitMetalx

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

They have been in the tank 9 days now. The shrimp is molting I think.

xDetroitMetalx

Well, last night (saturday) the shrimp ended up collapsing the little bridge I made so I had to re-scape it again which really freaked out the gobies and brought my nitrates up. Now the scape is better, again! All today the rear hatch was closed and I didn't see them until late tonight where they must have made a vote to move the entrance up front, good move as now they are catching way more food. I'm really thinking about buying a skimmer for this tank for some assurance, I really don't feel like losing these little guys.

Anyway, here are some more photos and proof that I do have a shrimp. I really like the females eyes, it's as if she has some eye-shadow with those high lights on top of them.

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0038-1.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0032-1.jpg

• 7 months later...

Archived