Top Shelf Aquatics

Dr. Tims one and only

asmedeas

Yeah hi i was doing some research on this product and supposably there is some scientific backup for this product saying it works. I've heard good reviews on it. Any new experiences with it?

-im using Bulk Reef Supply reef saver rock and carib sea arag-alive sand.

-Tank is 15 gallons

Thank you your opinion really counts as always. (Also keep in mind i will not be using live fish to cycle with it i will add the ammonia they send with it to get the cycle started.)

I used BRS reef saver rocks and 40lbs of live sand in my 29g tank and Dr. Tim's One and Only+their ammonium chloride. This stuff really works. It builds the bacteria load in the tank and speed up the process. Don't forget to test the water everyday. It is much, much better then using shrimp method or live fish. If you don't use live rock this is the best in my opinion method to cycle the tank. Soon after the initial cycling I used Microbacter 7. I would recommend using it as well.

I had pretty fast cycle using this product. I used BRS reef saver rock and live sand. Used the ammonia supplied by dr tims aquatics. Just like nystang, i too used Microbacter 7 after the initial cycle. During the first week the Ammonia and Nitrites were high but then on day 8-9 the Amonia and Nitrites dropped to 0. Now i have had Nitrates of about 10ppm for last 4-5 days. From all the research i have done it seems you can either lower the nitrates (by 50%) by doing 50% water change but then there are is also a school of thought that says that you should just let anaerobic bacteria to establish and let the nitrates drop on their own which might take a week or two.

So in response to your post. Dr. Tims Aquatics one and only has worked so far for me. It might be too soon to give a 5 star rating but uptil now it has done what it was supposed to do. Hope this helps.

bdaniel5278

i used one and only on a 40 breeder tank with some dry BRS rock, worked great, took about a month or so, but i defn recommend it

i used one and only on a 40 breeder tank with some dry BRS rock, worked great, took about a month or so, but i defn recommend it

Sounds great ill order it tonight.

Archived