inTank Media Baskets

M@'s Pico v. Mantis

M@!

Besides the Mantis what else do you have in the tank and what are you feeding it/them if I may ask

Albert

Right now I have 3 setups.

5.5 Gallon - Baby Oerstedii. Tank includes: Dwarf ceriths, small nassarius and blue legs. Coral includes a few Zoas, ric, mushroom and a plating monti (we'll see if this survives)

I feed mysis, krill and flake food. He stays hidden almost all the time. I've actually only seen him eat the flake food.

6.6 Gallon - Larger Oerstedii. Tank includes: Damsels, dwarf ceriths, small nassarius, 2 emeralds and blue legs. Corals/Agea include Caulerpa Prolifera, Dragons Breath, Xenia and a shroom.

In addition to the CUC, also feeding this one mysis, krill and flake food. I havent seen this one since I put him in the tank.

20L - 4" to 5" Mantis. Just picked this one up on Sunday. It is very shy and I've only seen her in her cave. She hates light. Tank includes: Damsels, dwarf ceriths, small nassarius and blue legs. I put an emerald in but pretty sure its been eaten. Corals/Algea include Caulerpa Taxifloa, Dragons Breath and a small kenya frag.

The guy I picked this one up from was only feeding live. I plan to try and get her to eat krill, silversides, clams and any other fresh seafood I can find.

albertthiel
Right now I have 3 setups.

5.5 Gallon - Baby Oerstedii. Tank includes: Dwarf ceriths, small nassarius and blue legs. Coral includes a few Zoas, ric, mushroom and a plating monti (we'll see if this survives)

I feed mysis, krill and flake food. He stays hidden almost all the time. I've actually only seen him eat the flake food.

6.6 Gallon - Larger Oerstedii. Tank includes: Damsels, dwarf ceriths, small nassarius, 2 emeralds and blue legs. Corals/Agea include Caulerpa Prolifera, Dragons Breath, Xenia and a shroom.

In addition to the CUC, also feeding this one mysis, krill and flake food. I havent seen this one since I put him in the tank.

20L - 4" to 5" Mantis. Just picked this one up on Sunday. It is very shy and I've only seen her in her cave. She hates light. Tank includes: Damsels, dwarf ceriths, small nassarius and blue legs. I put an emerald in but pretty sure its been eaten. Corals/Algea include Caulerpa Taxifloa, Dragons Breath and a small kenya frag.

The guy I picked this one up from was only feeding live. I plan to try and get her to eat krill, silversides, clams and any other fresh seafood I can find.

Nice ... lots of work though with 3 ... I remember from my days many years ago when I had both fresh and saltwater and reefs ... and it seemed that I spent more time taking care of the tanks than doing anything else :0 but hey we love it :0

Nice ... lots of work though with 3 ... I remember from my days many years ago when I had both fresh and saltwater and reefs ... and it seemed that I spent more time taking care of the tanks than doing anything else :0 but hey we love it :0
That is the truth! My mantis tanks are easy, I also have a seahorse tank. They are beautiful but the 2-3 feedings a day really becomes taxing at times.

Grabbed a quick phone pic of the Peacock 20L. She still hasn't left her cave.

68acc525.jpg

albertthiel
That is the truth! My mantis tanks are easy, I also have a seahorse tank. They are beautiful but the 2-3 feedings a day really becomes taxing at times.

Grabbed a quick phone pic of the Peacock 20L. She still hasn't left her cave.

68acc525.jpg

Still not ... how long has it been in there ?

Islandoftiki

Are the lights too bright? What do you have for lighting over that tank? If it's a peacock, you probably need to have no lighting.

Are the lights too bright? What do you have for lighting over that tank? If it's a peacock, you probably need to have no lighting.
Right now I'm just running a 15W T8 for a few hours a day. Just keeping the Macro algea alive until I decided what to do with it.
  • 2 weeks later...

GT made an appearance today. Her molting and stress of moving must have just kept her in cave for a while.

7517625072_a61d204afc_c.jpg

albertthiel
GT made an appearance today. Her molting and stress of moving must have just kept her in cave for a while.

7517625072_a61d204afc_c.jpg

NIce !

Do you have an ID for that Mantis ... it is gorgeous looking for sure !

I believe he found out:

Found out is a Gondactylus Ternatensis. That would explain a lot!

Archived