Coral Vue Hydros

First Frag addition

G0nePhishin

G0nePhishin

Hey everyone,

Just got my first Coral frag yesterday, It is a nice Acan with red and gray. It is small but has one big head, and two little ones below it. I have it at the bottom of my tank in the sand with nothing near by.

pNUTO.jpg

I have never had a coral frag before and this little guy is tiny! I don't know the best way to feed it so some help from anyone would really help. I figure I will let it grow for a month before attaching it to LR.

So if you got any Tips I would love to hear em!

Thanks,

Phishin

G0nePhishin

I have been feeding all my inverts H2O life frozen spirulina, mysis and and brine shrimp mix. Is that OK? I want the guy to grow so I think actively feeding it may help but IDK really

altolamprologus
I have been feeding all my inverts H2O life frozen spirulina, mysis and and brine shrimp mix. Is that OK? I want the guy to grow so I think actively feeding it may help but IDK really

That food is fine. Food increases growth rates dramatically so the more you feed (within reason), the faster the coral will grow.

feed the main one first so he retracts a little then feed the other babies...mine got hold of half cube of mysis and wouldnt let go one time, he at the whole thing..i give them a little aqua vitro "fuel" too. feed in morning while tentacles are out and mouths open....have u seen the acan club in here...lots of tips and pics there

G0nePhishin
feed the main one first so he retracts a little then feed the other babies...mine got hold of half cube of mysis and wouldnt let go one time, he at the whole thing..i give them a little aqua vitro "fuel" too. feed in morning while tentacles are out and mouths open....have u seen the acan club in here...lots of tips and pics there

Any tips on how I should get the food to him? I usually throw half a frozen cube in my net and run it under warm water till its thawed. I have a dropper I use for phyto also, how should I get the food to it?

i use a turkey baster for feeding, cleaning,dusting and lots of other stuff..some people use chopsticks...just gently drop food onto acans..shut off flow while u r feeding with baster if needed...i rinse the food then place in a measuring cup with a few baster fulls of tank water..sometimes add fuel.then use baster to target each coral seperately..but tread lightly with this stuff or it will overwhelm your system with excess nutrients and protein...i m feeding 1/2 cube mysis & cyclopeeze with 1/2 cap fuel...2x wkly for now to push growth but will eventually go 2x monthly...

G0nePhishin
i use a turkey baster for feeding, cleaning,dusting and lots of other stuff..some people use chopsticks...just gently drop food onto acans..shut off flow while u r feeding with baster if needed...i rinse the food then place in a measuring cup with a few baster fulls of tank water..sometimes add fuel.then use baster to target each coral seperately..but tread lightly with this stuff or it will overwhelm your system with excess nutrients and protein...i m feeding 1/2 cube mysis & cyclopeeze with 1/2 cap fuel...2x wkly for now to push growth but will eventually go 2x monthly...

Thanks for the info, Now how the hell do I keep my skunk cleaner from ripping food right of the acan's mouth? Little dude is relentless. I keep shooing him away but he just keeps going

altolamprologus
Thanks for the info, Now how the hell do I keep my skunk cleaner from ripping food right of the acan's mouth? Little dude is relentless. I keep shooing him away but he just keeps going

Give him 4-5 big pieces of mysis at once just before feeding the acans. That'll keep him busy for a few minutes

Archived