Cultivated Reef

18g via aqua

scolex

what are the little lhite dots? snail eggs or maybe amps?

1 prizim skimmer

1 biowheel

1 dartfish

1 signal goby

1pistol shrimp

1 peppermint shrimp

2 emerald crabs

and so on

what sould I add next? I would like a fish that would stay in the middle that I could watch.

Thanks in advance.

theclearblue

Looks like you've got a flame scallop in there, they don't have the best reputation for survivability in any size tank, just in case you're wondering why he croaks in the future. Definitely needs spot feeding. That goes for the feather dusters as well. Turn off the skimmer while you're doing this.

The white things are probably pods, definitely a good thing.

It's inevitable that someone will, so I'll just go ahead and say it, the biowheel will lead to high nitrates in the tank, which can cause problems. Might want to consider removing it.

What kind of lighting do you have?

I have 1 36w 12000 blue and 1 36w 7100 white compacts. I think this is wrong but that is what it says on the bulbs.I thought 7100 was blue. Yes I did lose the flashing scallope but still got the flame. If I remove the wheel and just use the filter itself would that be better. I am in the process of building a 10g fum underneath. 3 stag first one will have carbon, ceramic blocks and filterpads, next sand macro and live rock, and then the return pump. Once this is up and running I will remove the biowheel filter and replace it with a overflow box. I still think I need more rock in my tank.

Archived