Cultivated Reef

Berlin Air Lift dimension..

Panda

Can anyone tell me what the dimension are of the Air Lift 60 skimmer. I had a nice Sanders Piccolo but managed to drop the collection cup today which in now in a couple of pieces. :( I'm just wondering how much room inside the tank or filter it is going to take up.

Thanks!!

Dave

I'd highly recommend getting something other than an airlift skimmer. I had one for about 2 years--hated it. I had to replace the airstones every 2 weeks, and the air pump (of course I had to buy a Luft pump just to drive it) required constant attention.

If you can afford to spend a few bucks more, look into a venturi skimmer. I got a bakpak2r--it sucks out about 2x as much and once I got it up and running, I just leave it alone and it does it's thing--no tweeking whatsoever.

Ty

I was considering that too, but I don't know if I'll have enough room on the back to hang it. I'm not worried about the horizontal room, mind you, but rather the vertical room. What is the vertical dimension from the point where the BakPak hangs on the tank, to the bottom of the skimmer. If it's less than 12" I'm good to go and will look into one.

Thanks!

Dave

Originally posted by Panda

I was considering that too, but I don't know if I'll have enough room on the back to hang it. I'm not worried about the horizontal room, mind you, but rather the vertical room.  What is the vertical dimension from the point where the BakPak hangs on the tank, to the bottom of the skimmer. If it's less than 12" I'm good to go and will look into one.

Thanks!

Dave

I think it might be close. There's other skimmers out there as well--maybe a Ramora would work.

Ty

Archived