inTank Media Baskets

Rock placement suggestions?

Korbin

I currently have some rock piled up along the bottom/back of my tank (pics in the members section).  I am thinking about adding more rock and I'm trying to decide between 2 different setups.

Either

1.  Pile more rock up and build a wall on the back of the tank, leaving the front half as open sandbed.

or

2.  Pile the rock in the two back corners and out towards the front more, leaving a valley in the middle of the tank with an open sand bed.

any suggestions?

i'd go with #2.  you get a reef flat and two bommies out it and more options to place your livestock.

i've re-aquascaped my nano twice in two weeks because of the tanks i've seen here and on other boards (i've still got to update my pic).  my opinion is that the aquascaping is as important if not more so than the types of livestock you get.  post a pic when you've decided and are finished. ;)

rhinoivory

the valley idea, and then buy a  thin shelf rock (for that unique look)  to cut across the valley, add rock to the back of the valley to make the tank look a little more dense and "finished"

Don

i say #2. it would give you more coral placing options and it would give more of that "natural" look.

I was leaning toward the valley idea too.   I think it would be pretty easy with the rocks I have.  I won't be able to get any pics until about a week from now though, since I have wait until I move...  :disgust:

Thanks for the suggestions.

Archived