ReefCleaners.org

Clowns will host in anemones...... and HAIR ALGE.

Armadildo

DitchPlains

My RBTA is not stupid, he's gifted or what we call special ed...so he takes the short bus to the reef, but he gets there just the same. Hysterical stuff Dave, and from another Dave you get a woot woot..lol My clowns host in my Toadstool and I have an RBTA so go figure lol. here's a pic of some sleeping clowns, notice the home. Goodluck with thread lol. :D

ive seen clowns run laps around the rim of a tank for months and then host in hair algae on the back wall. hell, ive even seen them dig a hole in the sand and host in that as well as feed it. ditch, i hope your clowns dont love your toadstool to death. out of curiosity is the RBTA large enough for both clowns to host in? if not that may be why they choose a surrogate.

I like algae and the look of planted tanks.

After 7 years or so.. the barren rock look and corals gets old.

I like to mix it up.

It can be a challenge to keep algaes too ya know ;)

DitchPlains

Yeah my RBTA is tiny, under 4 or 5 inches at max, and usually it contracts and just hides near my many caves. Its beautiful when it expands, nice bubble tips and pinkish red coloring. I got for under 80 bucks at my lfs plus some free blue legged hermits and sand with it, nothing like good negotiating, but he probably got it for free...total profit lol Well, I feel like I got a good deal compared to other websites and other lfs's. I think cause my toadstool is huge, over 12 inches high and 6 or 8 around. Its quite amazing to see, its nearly half my nano ...lol I also heard RBTA's are not often hosted by clowns....its not often they'll do it. My toadstool won't sting them and I think thats probably a good thing they enjoy. My Chromis host in my Yellow Leather which is odd normally they host in Acro or hard color like my Bali Slmier, but I don't have a nest just a plug of it. Ok take care guys

Cody Pendant

you should give us a sweeping 180 degree view of the FULL tank!!

i also have a marine betta....what do you feed yours??

I LOVE both my Marine bettas.

Seriously one of the most under-rated fish on the market for reefs. I have never had any trouble with Darthbetta or Masterbetta ever.

Darth died over the summer last year in a heat wave / toxic situation in my 37. He was nearly 6 years old.

I cried.

Big boys can cry too :(

• 2 weeks later...
TheEvilbbug

mine looked like that for a while,, then I told myself that I was getting lazy and should clean it.. I bought some emerald crabs,,, the lazy way to clean.

Archived