Pod Your Reef

Back to step one

PwnMe

If anyone ventures to the beginner forum they would know my Occellaris Clownfish died under mysterious circumstances. Coral are doing perfect along with all other livestock and I had zero down the board in terms of chemistry.

Now that I am fishless and understand the hobby much better lets talk some turkey. I'm probably purcahse another fish within a month in order to let whatever happened to this one equalize or disappear if in the case of a parasite. What should I get?

I am tired of clowns. I loved mine. He was legit but creeped me out with his sideways floating at night. Gobies are adorable, but my tank is open topped and will remain that way. Damsels are also jumpers.

tl;dr?

8 gallons

Open top

Recommend fish

No Clownfish

If anyone says Tang I will come to your house and rearrange your rockwork. Current livestock allows me to do just about anything that will live comfortably including Pistols.

Captain Hook
If anyone says Tang I will come to your house and rearrange your rockwork.

LOL! dwarf dolphins are cool and easy to care for...

LOL! dwarf dolphins are cool and easy to care for...

What sharks can fit in my tank? I want something that stays small forever and isn't a messy eater. It must eat algae also.

Edit: Capn made me go offtopic. Pretty much just tell me whether there are any gobies or blennies or etc that won't end up on my floor. I really want a pistol/goby pair but I'm scared about a Yasha on my floor.

Captain Hook

Ive seen people make a netting for the top that doesnt interfere with the lights. Someone who had an octopus tank running. I would get what you really want, cause if you dont youll probably end up getting it eventually anyways lol. Im not huge on gobies except mandarins and unless you had one that for sure was already trained on frozen/flake food it would probably be ok.

Yasha hasha goby with pistol they stay small and stay at the bottom and to be honest next to fire fish which are just jumper jumpers all fish jump and they either will or wont do it but thats a chance we all take. But a yasha and pistol equals money.

Im not huge on gobies except mandarins and unless you had one that for sure was already trained on frozen/flake food it would probably be ok.

Mandarins aren't gobies.

I would put something over the tank while you have the fish for the first week. They are just more likely to jump while settling in. After a tank move my yasha goby jumped the first night it was in the new tank.

My Ocellaris never attempted to jump. So I disregard when people say all fish jump. I imagine shrimp gobies might jump less. It's entirely impossible to cover the tank. I'd take pictures and you'd understand. And money's no object for me. Guess another clown in my future ha

Archived