Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

updated pic. with new fish

donna68

hello,

just a few updated pic's of our 7 gal nano. we also purchased a new fire fish - dart fish yesterday and his doing fine. he was hiding all last night in the rock, but today is out showing himself and ate well today.

sorry the pictures aren't the best. need to get a good digital camera with macro setting. if you know of a good camera that not too expensive that it would leave me broke i'd appreciate it. thanks. right now we are using the sony cyber shot P-52 model.

donna

Looks good. Any reason why your firefish's spine looks shorter? I have never really ever seen them that short. Im just curious.

Im glad to hear that he is out today. They are very timid fish, yours must be one of the more brave ones. :P

Nice setup too, btw.

just looked at him and it looks like the top of the dorsal spine is missing the very long thin part. at the lfs last night none of them had there spines up. also they were in a tank with damsels. would the spine grow back or should we return it and get a new one? thanks

damsels with a firefish goby. that's a sure way to cause trouble.

not to worry actually, if your firefish is eating well, the fins will grow back really quickly.

my firefish got beaten up by my damsel before. his tail fins resembled a barracuda's. so you can imagine.... actually that helped him to swim fASter.

but when the fins started to grow back out, it was really coool ...

i'll estimate about a month? give your fish a month, with good feeding and goood water conditions, his fins will grow.

thanks ingendaryl,

yep he ate some mysis today and now his going after the pods. i was thinking even if we had to take him back i don't even know if we would be able to catch him with all the rock in there for him to dart into. lol i'm glad to hear that his spine will grow back.

donna

Originally posted by donna68

thanks ingendaryl,

yep he ate some mysis today and now his going after the pods. i was thinking even if we had to take him back i don't even know if we would be able to catch him with all the rock in there for him to dart into. lol i'm glad to hear that his spine will grow back.  

donna

Make sure your tank is tightly covered also. I couldnt find mine for a few hours and then I realized my little guy landed in my shoe. :o

He was gone and all dried up. I couldn't believe it. He jumped through the tiniest gap, something like the gap a powerhead electrical wire would create with a normal hood.

Archived