inTank Media Baskets

'skaping opinions...

jjharrisx4

Ok, so I'm a sucker who wants your opinions...what do you think of the rock setup? this is a 15g tall with about 15 +/- lbs of LR. and about 1" sand bed. Circulation is 2 rio 50s, and lighting is 1 15w NO and 2x36w PC.

very nice so far..keep going there is so much room and spaces for you to explore with your creativity...hahahaha...but it looks like you are going for the high-onesided tank scheme..its great..not just keep stacking..ehhe

Do you remember when I was scaping and couldn't get it just right? I kept messing with it and now I love the way it's turned out.

I like the holes you have in the scaping. The only thing that I would add is some horizonal surfaces for coral placement. It kind of depends if you are going to get bigger corals attached to rocks or get frags. if you are going to go with frags you could add a few more pounds of rock.

I've been considering doing just that. On the otherhand, I have seen some really nice pink fungia corals that would fill that flat sand area very well. I'm also thinking of adding about 5 more colt frags that I have and making a colt forest. That would look neat, and then I'm closer to the LFS when I want to sell colt frags.

ditto for oscarbeast, with that tall of a tank you can try a peak look like chris has. it looks pretty impressive.

or do it to one side to imitate a deep fore reef design. or a seagrass back reef design depending on how you look at it and how high you want to bring the sand bed.

Yeah...I was real satisfied with the rock. I split a box of walt smith rock with my pal, and put some in this tank and some in my 50 gal. It ended up costing about 3$ per pound including shipping. So far I haven't found any pest critters but there are some nice tube worms.

I'll probably add a few more pieces of LR, but I'm pretty picky since I already like the look I have. So far I haven't had any problems with nitrates at all, but more rock just makes things better!

I'll take a look at pics of Chris' tank though to see what I think.

Looks good, but I would add a little more rock for added filtration. Its better overall longterm. I agree with Lizbeth, with any new rock you add, make some horizontal surfaces so you can actually place the corals. I had a really nice aquascaping before, but for coral placement it was aweful, I rearranged the rock to get the best of both world.

Good work, I like the tank, and you've got decent lighting for a few nice corals.

Archived