• 15-19
    • 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70+
  2. 2. How long have you been in the hobby?

• Under 6 months
    • 6 mo - 1 yr
    • 1 - 2 yrs
    • 2 - 3 yrs
    • 3 - 4 yrs
    • 4 - 5 yrs
    • 5+

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully joe southwick dosnt mess up.... :(

I don't think he's going to be starting. From the looks of the spring game..

But any QB is going to have BIG shoes to fill.

29yrs old…be 30 real soon.

Had FW tanks of various types but first planted 9 months ago. First nanoreef only 6 months old.

Already planning 2 upgrades. 10g in the works, 40g to get set after we move around thanksgiving.

Just to say - new to reefs and real happy to have found this site!

43 yrs old, this salt water session started in 2010, but I had some tanks (with little or no success) in the early 90:ies :)

Im 4. I like elmo and candy. I pooped my pants gotta go bye.

Ok ill bite. Im 24. Had the typical overstocked, cheezy, freshwater tanks with fake plants and sunken ships as a kid. Got married a couple years ago and started taking care of her beta. That evolved into the cheezy overstocked aquarium wich evolved into a modest planted tank. After about a year of that i took the minimaly reseached dive into saltwater. Set up a 55 gallon fail. And moved the clowns to a nano. Kept that tank successfully for a year, while i became obsessed with researching and learning. I recently upgraded back into the 55. And its looking alot better this time :) Im pretty sure im in it for life now.

48 but don't feel it!

Put my first metal halide diy into a NC24 7 years ago. Been doing reefing for 8 years and scuba diving for over 28 years. Nano-Reef since 2005.

46 years old...

Had as many as 5 FW/planted tanks going at once over the last 10yrs.

Scaled back to 1 75gallon semi-planted about 2 yrs ago.

Started my first SW in September...15gallon with a 5gallon

Display/macro fuge...

ce2cdd17.jpg

6ae9f138.jpg

a72071ec.jpg

abb86cb4.jpg

Joined this forum as I was starting this tank.

Always wanted to do SW but was "scared" to do it for the longest time...lol

Turns out it's not as hard as I was led to believe and

I've been having a blast with it!!

Thanks for all the help I've gotten here!!

Tim

33, been reefin since i was 17 and building reefs for 3. *wink*

Anywho... In it for life. Got my first custom coming soon!

Captain Hook

Hello, My name is Jack Asburns, I am 46 years old and I am an alcoholic. lol I agree with whoever said this is a little creepy. Whats next, whats your sex and location? haha. We definitely know the number of kids and teens are on here, but do we know how many pervs there are on here lol?....just saying...age + location + figure out a name and bingo creep has found you! lol not like it ever happens on the internet tho right.

Hello, My name is Jack Asburns, I am 46 years old and I am an alcoholic. lol I agree with whoever said this is a little creepy. Whats next, whats your sex and location? haha. We definitely know the number of kids and teens are on here, but do we know how many pervs there are on here lol?....just saying...age + location + figure out a name and bingo creep has found you! lol not like it ever happens on the internet tho right.

Anonymity is an illusion.. if someone wants to find you... they will. Your name and location doesn't matter.

21havent even been in the fish keeping hobby for a year yet and only been in the saltwater for about 6 months and since May i have had a 20 long (cracked it) 10 gallon sump (cracked it as well) a 29 was my fisrt saltwater and now a 75 which was fresh and now is salt for about 2 months now. Also bought a brand new fluval spec for 15 bucks so future project.

acropora1981

30 years old, engaged, been keeping reefs since 1997. When I started VHO's and 5500k halide bulbs were all the rage... actually it was all you could get pretty much ;)

thank you. :)

i collect quarters and cash them in. its hard to believe that one can actually make money that way, but it works for me! :lol:

that's legit dude. for like a week just to see what kind of dough i could accumulate, i hunted silver coins. i took quarters, dimes, and nickels from random places. under couch cushions, my friends and families cars (not stealing when they don't care) dresser tops, the floor, cancer fund raising placards at the corner store, etc

I made 88 bucks one week. I did that a few years ago. I still keep all my change and put it in a jar. It's damn near 100 bucks every time I cash it in.

Archived