Coral Vue Hydros

To much flow?

ReD-DaWg-OnE

Looks like a decent medium flow area to me.. Long as it is inflating and extending it should be fine.

acropora1981

I have to disagree. The hammer is stressed from too much flow. It will expand a lot more with about half that flow. At least redirect the flow away from it.

I don't know, it look ok but could be from placement. I like to place hammer a little higher in the tank

My hammer is in the top 1/4 of the tank and has exploded in growth fingerscrossed

i just killed my hammer with too much flow. it was getting a little less flow than yours, but after a month, the skeleton ripped through the skin on one head and then the second one. both were gone within 2 days.

I have to disagree. The hammer is stressed from too much flow. It will expand a lot more with about half that flow. At least redirect the flow away from it.

+1. Too much flow can possibly damage the hammer's tissues and make it slime.

Yeah, that is way too much flow. A big thing with that sort of LPS (and many things for that matter) is how direct or indirect the flow is. You always want indirect flow. My hammer has done great with low to moderate, indirect flow. You'll know when it's happy as it will expand a lot more than it is in the video.

The best way is we need to know the tank size, power head model and power head placement.

Your tank look to new, how long do you have it setup?

I don't see much flow on the mushroom rock...they can run away from the rock if too much flow

I just got this coral and I was wondering if this is to much flow?

Thanks guys... I just got it today so I will move it.

He just got the coral threw it in and its not even fully settled..

Looking at the tentacle stubs that are out the flow is not direct .. they are swaying in a moderate not excessively rapid manner imo.. its pissed cuz its new not necessarily from the flow..

but do as you wish.. less flow if you can if you want.. but it didn't look bad to me. JM2C

acropora1981
He just got the coral threw it in and its not even fully settled..

Looking at the tentacle stubs that are out the flow is not direct .. they are swaying in a moderate not excessively rapid manner imo.. its pissed cuz its new not necessarily from the flow..

but do as you wish.. less flow if you can if you want.. but it didn't look bad to me. JM2C

Put your glasses on bro, that thing is getting whipped around with flow. It's way too much.

I really think people run to judgement without taking the whole picture into account..

new coral..

swaying tentacles not excessively rapid.

mushroom just a few inches away very pleasant..

obviously newer tank..

Remember everyone here is only giving opinions. Its up to you to decide what is right.. if you think its stressed from to much current move it.. otherwise allow it to acclimate and move if it continues not to expand accordingly.. remember what it looked like when you bought it and try to match that movement and expansion as yoru baseline guage for how its doing..

Don't rush stuff.. its said all the time.. disasters happen in seconds... do some reading on the coral for how to care for it properly from reliable sources and use the opinions of amateur aquarists (myself included) as just that.. opinions.

I agree, seems excessive.

Degener, did you burn your couch?

LOL ok I am a little slow but i don't get it.

acropora1981
swaying tentacles not excessively rapid.

This is where you're wrong; they're not swaying. They're violently rippling. There is a big difference.

Not at all .. transplanted here via uncle sam.. wife is a combat medic in the army.. sorry for the small thread hi jack here..

and I will digress on the terminology of swaying/ripping current or what ever ...

Do as you wish my position is just that mine.. not gonna get into a pissin match over a coral like alot of people do on here..

acropora1981
Not at all .. transplanted here via uncle sam.. wife is a combat medic in the army.. sorry for the small thread hi jack here..

and I will digress on the terminology of swaying/ripping current or what ever ...

Do as you wish my position is just that mine.. not gonna get into a pissin match over a coral like alot of people do on here..

You've made an overly quick, and incorrect assessment, and you're refusing to back down because you don't want to look like you've made an error. And thus, you've earned a spot on my ignore list.

And thus, you've earned a spot on my ignore list.

Well now isn't that appropriate..LOL All I did was form my opinion.. I never said it was gospel.. but I also backed up my opinion with the facts posted by the OP and observations I made from the video.. You feel its incorrect and thats your right to feel so. I never said you were totally wrong.. Its to much flow in your opinion.. and others here in this thread agree with us both.. who is right? Possibly both of us some euphyllia do fine in moderate turbulance.. while other weaker ones will rip apart.. they are not all 100% equal.

Op make your own choice.

So what I am on someones ignore list.. it's not the first time someone has done that for what ever reason...

Advice if anyone cares: Grow thick skin here because there is always someone with a different take on everything in this hobby.. some just take it to personal. Its not a duty to post here but sometimes it feels like a chore.

Archived