ReefCleaners.org

My New 10 Gallon

shaynster

Tell me what you think. The tank has been set up for 3 weeks. It has 18 lbs. lr and 20 lbs. of ls. I have a Emporer 280 and a mini-jet 404 on it.

Also, if I don't run a skimmer or a fuge can I count on having hair algae?

fastredponycar

tank looks good. As long as you do water changes each week, the algae will be minimal.

I'd get a chemical testing kit if you haven't got one. At only 3 weeks old, there's still a chance that the ammonia or nitrates could be fluctuating (and we don't want that clown floating anytime soon)

what are the tank dimensions and type of light you're using?

Edit: I see you've also got a HOB filter. If you've got the cartridge filter in there, take it out and buy some chemipure to clean the water. It'll keep the nitrate levels down. I'm not positive if you need the biowheel or not though.

Looks like a great start, plenty of room for corals :) I agree on ditching the wheel part of the emperor. As long as you keep up on the waterchanges, you should be fine without a skimmer or fuge. I ran my 5.5g for 5 months without either with no problems.

Well, judging by the title of this thread, and the scale of that clown...he's friggin' tiny! You're off to a good start :)

Archived