Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

40g, all HOB

coachfraley

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coachfraley

I went away for a week, and its funny how one week without daily care can be rough on your tank. My frogspawn colony seems really pissed off, but everything else doesn't look to bad.

Finally starting to get some growth in my zoas. Not sure what the holdup was before, but all of my colonies are finally adding some polyps.

I'm getting a couple new palys this weekend, I'll take some pics after I pick them up.

• 4 weeks later...

Tanks is still running fine. Unfortunately I am not getting much growth. Temps have been on the high side (around 82). I'm looking forward to things cooling down here in SoCal. I don't have a ton of time to take care of the tank, so I am actually considering getting rid of some of the corals, and focusing more on the fish. Maybe I'll pick up one or two smaller fish. Anyway, here are a few pics:

FTS:

fts14.jpg

Anthias:

anthias2.jpg

anthias3.jpg

That fish is beautiful. Have you tried any cooling methods to bring down the temps?

No, the temps haven't gotten any higher than 82, so I have just left it. If we have another heat spell I might set up a fan. I'm sure I could get it back down to 79, but I would rather not increase my evap. rate.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How's the tank running so far? I have a similar configuration in a 35g, about 3 months behind you. Beautiful tank!

I broke the tank down. Kept my pico, and bought a cockatiel. This tank never took off the way I had hoped.

Thanks for looking in everyone.

• 1 month later...

So, I'm not positive...but I think I might have figured out why this tank never did very well. I recently busted my mp10 out of storage to use on my 7g. I took it apart, and found out that the wet side had a ruptured seal, and rusty parts were exposed to the water. I would not be surprised if the rust had a negative effect on my corals :(

• 6 months later...

Archived