Cultivated Reef

My Manta Ray 18

Josh125

lol that wrasse is too big for your tank, and you wont be able to put ornamental shrimps/inverts unless you're going mystery wrasse?

It would have to be a juvenile.

Awesome setup. Do you have any dark spots with the Kessil?

None at all, great light.

Deleted User 4

Any updates on the tank? I just ordered my manta ray 18(paid) with kessil a150w 10k(pending) last sunday, can't wait. The only difference between ours is the stand and the glass, mine is regular :D

• 2 weeks later...
RMH.Sturrock

Whats the difference between the regular glass design and the starphire? Does anyone have any pics to compare?

Whats the difference between the regular glass design and the starphire? Does anyone have any pics to compare?

Starphire is clearer. If you look at it from the side regular has a green tint.

buddythelion

Wow! The manta is a lot more shallow than I thought it was, I like!

What ATO are you using?

Wow! The manta is a lot more shallow than I thought it was, I like!

What ATO are you using?

Tunze Osomlator, I can't recommend it enough. Fantastic top off, truly set it and forget it.

Ok, so a month and a half later I have a few corals. I picked up this monti, blasto, and acans from some local reefers. Holding off on fish until we get back from Hawaii in early June.

Nothing much, but it is a start. PIcs aren't great as I was rushing to get them before the lights turned off.

IMG0639-XL.jpg

IMG0640-XL.jpg

IMG0641-XL.jpg

Deleted User 4

haha the more i look at your tank as of now, the more I think of your monti being overgrown in your tank... :lol:

haha the more i look at your tank as of now, the more I think of your monti being overgrown in your tank... :lol:

I know :lol: The ad on my local board said a few inches, well it is a few inches for sure! I'll have to keep it trimmed. The smaller piece on the left I'm going to give away.

Deleted User 4

lol ahaha I think you should give away the whole thing on the right and keep the left one.. this way you can cram more similar sized pieces onto that rock and it be more colorful instead of green domination. ahha that's just my opinion though. I am still a big fan of your whole setup because you're the reason why I went this route of mr18 with kessils 10k. :D

p.s. it's arriving next week ;)

lol ahaha I think you should give away the whole thing on the right and keep the left one.. this way you can cram more similar sized pieces onto that rock and it be more colorful instead of green domination. ahha that's just my opinion though. I am still a big fan of your whole setup because you're the reason why I went this route of mr18 with kessils 10k. :D

p.s. it's arriving next week :D I think you will be very happy with the set up. I've got no complaints at all.

I'm thinking the same thing the more I look at it

Definitely one of my favorite tanks, can't wait to see this thing when you're putting the finishing touches on it

Thanks. My progress is very slow given my travel schedule, but I'm excited I've finally got some life in in there.

Deleted User 4

haha yeah what else are you planning on getting?? lol, I am so in love with your setup ahah. I'm thinking of getting a solana stand just like yours, but it's a discontinued item and I don't know where else you can get it

haha yeah what else are you planning on getting?? lol, I am so in love with your setup ahah. I'm thinking of getting a solana stand just like yours, but it's a discontinued item and I don't know where else you can get it

Thanks. I would like to get a few maxi minis, not sure what else. I got my stand here, link below. It arrived in about 5 days and they appear to have it in stock.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/aquariums...-espresso-stand

Deleted User 4

mm i see, thanks. But at the moment, I am out of money. Just spent the last 160 on corals.

I'm going to save up some more money for that stand :D

you planning on getting any clams? :D

Tank is incredible! What kind of stand is that? Also, I was considering the JbJ Unibody. Do you think I will have room to mount?

Deleted User 4
Tank is incredible! What kind of stand is that? Also, I was considering the JbJ Unibody. Do you think I will have room to mount?

yeah, you will for a manta ray 18.

• 5 months later...

Archived