Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A DIY pico contest anyone?

Markushka

I think 5/1 is the perfect start date for this contest, seeing as it might take some people a while to get their builds set up. Should we start looking around to see if we can find some donations for prizes? Not that winning is everything, but it IS nice to win stuff... ;)

Also, were you just planning on using the Judging Criteria that I set up for the 3 and under contest? If you're interested, we could tweak that model and make it more specific to a DIY contest.

I'm thinking 5/1 as the official entrant cut off date, but I want to allow starting up the tanks 4/1 for those of us that are already entered, and stocking on 4/15 or 4/20.

I'd be game depending on when it would start.

5/1 sounds great, I can get my acrylic shipped across the ocean here along with all the other crap.

The question is what size? How big of a sump?

We already want DIY everything, that's understandable.

I"m going to have to do something special to have a fighting chance because of my coral limitations....

size limits are 6g for tank and 6g for sump.

I agree that a 5-1 start dated would be better. You will allow people to brainstorm creative ideas as well as plan the funding of the project.

I would be honored to be able to participate in the judging aspect!!

I also agree that having prizes is an added Bonus:)

I am entered in the 3 gallon contest, Not at all for prizes, but for the satisfaction of competition and to complete it. I will actually not accept any prizes,but rather include them with the grand prize winner, if I was to actually win...doubtful, lol...Looks like some people are really taking it seriously, I am not!!

The judging of the contest should be very detailed, whatever the categories!!

I'm thinking of setting up a sort of judging card, I'm going to talk meta and see how exactly they are judging.

This is awesome!

I have to drop out the 3 and under contest due to my study... but I might be able to get something setup for the first of may! and although I have to say myself, I got an awesome idea!

Following this for sure.

Jb

I'm in the same boat, I'm hoping to get the glass for my tank this week or i'll have to wait until next weekend and that would dq me from the 3g contest.

I'd be willing judge as well. ;)

I'm almost set with judges, I'm really trying to get elfab, dhut and/or weets to judge too, but more judges never hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still up for it!

I have the tank ready, but just not what I wanna do with it... And I will have to study the next 2 weeks, so I think I should pass on the current 3 and under...

Jb

anyone still interested? I was thinking a 25$ LA gift certificate to the overall winner.

Can we be in both this and the 3 and under contest?

If this starts, can my tank be a candidate in both this and the "3 and under" contest?

+1 me too, me too :)

Cool, lets run this thing then.

Can we be in both this and the 3 and under contest?

I don't know actually, that contest has started already. I would like to include it personally, but what does everyone else think?

Archived