Pod Your Reef

My new 5.5

Mark.olson1

Mark.olson1

This is my first nano Its been up for about 2.5 months seems to be doing ok.

:Specs:

5.5G AGA

Custom hood (Im a sheetmetal worker)

26W PC lighting

Rio 50

Cheap 25W Heater (has worked great for ever!)

Penguin mini filter

:livestock:

8lbs LR

8ish Lbs LS

4 Brown Polyps (were on the rock, Dont know exactly what they are)

Colony of Yellow Polypls ( just got today 4/21)

1 Flame Scallop

2 Scarlet Hermets

2 bluelegg hermits

And 1 TINY Maroon Clown (which will be moved to 55G FO tank)

All comment and suggestions will be appreciated!

hanknmorgan

Looks good. Actually very similar setup to mine. I have the same heater which likewise has worked briliantly. Good luck with it and enjoy.

Mark.olson1

I actually do not have any set plans....I would like to get a small green open brain, And maybe a torch or hammer (somthing my clown will host) But....Im really new at this...I need some suggestions...

semigodd154

get rid of the flame scallop it is gonna waste away and probably crash your tank they have a very poor survival record in captivity

Mark.olson1

The yellow polyps that i added were really bright at first...Now there are not as bright...And reason why? Water parameters are right on, I cant figure it out

Originally posted by Mark.olson1

The yellow polyps that i added were really bright at first...Now there are not as bright...And reason why? Water parameters are right on, I cant figure it out

Like many corals, they adapt to their environment. Just because they turn color dosen't mean they are necissarily doing poorly. Usually their color is a function of lighting mostly, but current, water params, etc all play a role.

BTW my favorite thing about your 5.5 is the fact that it is a single rock. I am in the process of my project 5.5 and I want a single peice that fits nicely in the tank myself.

Originally posted by CodeToad

BTW my favorite thing about your 5.5 is the fact that it is a single rock.

Yeah, that's a perfect little piece of rock for that tank. It has that nice little overhang on the left, which just looks plain cool.

Archived