Top Shelf Aquatics

Can you id this algae?

impur

Another pic next to some small bubble algae. Keep in mind the bubble algae is about the size of this: O It really isn't any bigger than a capital letter O.

valonia utricularis, club algae? maybe.

there was another type but it grows in very tight bunches so i don't think yours is that one. hth

tinyreef i think you are right. Its definately similar to valonia. I got an emerald crab last night, I hope he'll take care of it and not my tiny frags!!!

I think I have the same algae. If it continues to grow into long strands kinda like spaghetti noodles it is the same as mine. It is really good becase it grows slowly and it seems to be a great place for pods to breed. I'd say if it grows slowly, leave it be and see what it does.

I would tend to agree with you, but as i stared at my tank last night, i noticed that its springing up in several different spots. I have about 10 tiny tiny spots where this is growing. I want to get it under control before it takes over. My pods do hang out on it, but they also seem to be taking over my tank!!!! :P

Archived