SaltCritters.com

will my clowns STOP laying eggs

ermartin

My Clowns are laying eggs. What are the chances this is a 1 time thing. they are in my community tank and I have 0 intention in trying to remove them. I'm hoping this is a 1 time thing as there aggression has gone up 100x and i cant do a thing without being attacked. as a point of reference its a 90g tank.

Typically if you have a mated pair, they will continue to mate. As long as your parameter are good (which is what you want for a healthy tank). The only way to stop them would be to make them stressed out in one way or another, which isn't something you want to do. You could try to make their spawning location non-spawning friendly (put something there), but that may also stress them. Only way to permanently stop this would be to split them up.

Why not pick up a 20g and move them into there and breed em?

Not my thing.... and dont need another tank on top of the 4 i already have :)

Typically if you have a mated pair, they will continue to mate. As long as your parameter are good (which is what you want for a healthy tank). The only way to stop them would be to make them stressed out in one way or another, which isn't something you want to do. You could try to make their spawning location non-spawning friendly (put something there), but that may also stress them. Only way to permanently stop this would be to split them up.

Yea I figured as much. My BTA found a nice BIG cave to put its foot in and still expose 99% of his body to the lights and its a perfect place for the clowns to spawn. ill see in a few more days how this all turns out and if they have another go at it

they will continue to lay, unless you re-arrange the rocks or disturb them in someway, and the aggressiveness will never go away and might get worse.

sell them to a breeder and get a nice new pair with the dough.

they will continue to lay, unless you re-arrange the rocks or disturb them in someway, and the aggressiveness will never go away and might get worse.

sell them to a breeder and get a nice new pair with the dough.

+1 And even that would only be temporary. They will eventually settle into the new arrangement and start spawning again.

Reefmaster1996
Why not pick up a 20g and move them into there and breed em?

+1 there are so many People out there who want their clowns like me, (mine are almost done pairing up)?

Archived