Cultivated Reef

my 10 gal. Dream

divemasterdave

divemasterdave

This is my dream. I started out with big tanks, but as I moved from place to place I got smaller and smaller. I now have a deep love of my little tanks. This is the progression of my 10gal. Dream.

First complete set up.zzz

7411fish_tank-med.jpg

This is two months after the new lights.???

7411tank4.jpg

And now the dream come true!

7411the_Dream_come_true.jpg

I love the fact that it sits on my dresser!B)

7411ten_gal_Dream.jpg

divemasterdave

This is the fuge set up I made. I think it might be overkill, but it works for me!! All these pic's are two days after the install I have since took care of the bubbles.

It is 8gal with coralife 18w freshwater light, reef rubble LR,mineral mud with an inch of LS, a couple snails to clean up, and lots of algae. I have 0 nitrates!!

7411fuge4.jpg

The fancy cuts in the baffles:D

7411fuge1.jpg

This is the intake with seaclone 100 to feed the fuge.

7411set_up.jpg

With the outflow acting as syphonsB)

7411set_up1.jpg

divemasterdave

If you want to see the stuff in the Dream. I will show you!

7411maxima.jpg

7411zoo_s1.jpg

7411galaxia1.jpg

7411red_leg-med.jpg

And lots more to come in the next month!:woot:

That is badass, can't wait to start my ten, it's gonna be on my dresser too! What kind of clam is that and how is it doing under the 96w power quad? Looks good to me...

-Grant

divemasterdave

Thanks for the posts, and keep them comming!! That clam is a maxima clam, and he is bigger and more colorfull than when I got him from the LFS!!! O.K. now on to the pic's!!!B)

7411zoo_s2.jpg

7411shrooms.jpg

7411fuzzy_shrooms.jpg

7411zoo_s.jpg

7411shrooms1.jpg

7411maxima1.jpg

I hope the Dream realy takes off in the next month so I can post some better pic's!!:)

divemasterdave

The tank spec's

10gal. Dream

130w with two 3/4w moon lights by coralife

Fiji LR

Fiji branch LR

3" LS in the main tank

8gal D.I.Y fuge with

18w freshwater light by coralife

mineral mud with 1" of LS

reef rubble for LR

Lots of algae

sweet Dream! I like how you took the seaclone intake and outputted the skimmed water into the fuge. the caulerpa cuts on the baffles are nice too. great idea and great tank.

divemasterdave

Sarnak,

I did do all the tests and if I had not planed for the hight of the fuge(14" , thats 2.3" taller than the main tank) and the fact that the outflow acts as a syphon. I drilled syphon breakers in the tubes at the right hight so the syphon will break and the water level will not overflow the tank. I did the testing on a spair tank I have. I did have some trouble with micro bubbles in the begining, but now under control.

divemasterdave

Kool-kat,

I use RO/DI water. I also use a great salt mix. Oceanic natural sea salt. It is the best I have used, and it disolves almost instantly! I feed DT's every other day with cyclop-eeze on the other day. This feeds the fish too, and the rest of the time he eats the pods from the fuge.

divemasterdave

More pic's of the 10gal. Dream.

7411tank7.jpg

7411tank41.jpg

7411tank_one.jpg

This has been a great adventure for me! I love the little guy. Let me know what you think!:)

Yea, final pics of your dream, right? Just wait till all your frags grow out- then it will be even more awesome! Can't wait till my tank fianlly grows into something as beautiful as that!

divemasterdave

about a year, and it has been in one or the other of my nanos. I hope it keeps going under the 130w lights. I had one frag I made strip and die under the old lights. I know they don't need light, but I wached it die anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
divemasterdave

I did not say this would be the last pic's. I said the last stage in the Dream. I hope to have many more pic's as the frags grow out, and I post the pic's as they change.

Archived