ReefCleaners.org

halide experts I need help again

greentreepython

greentreepython

I have a blue wave 3 250 single hqi ballast and it is only 5 days old. I bought everything brand new i.e. reefoptix pendant, and 14k hamilton bulb. When I first hooked everything up nothing happened so I called the guys at premium aquatic and they told me just to let the system run. So I did and an hour later the bulb came on. The system to this date will turn on, and stay on for about 10 minutes or so, and then turn off it will then turn itself on about 30 minutes later. This is what my 345 dollar light system does, it is pissing me off as you can imagine. I was just wondering if this was the problem you encountered. if so how did you fix it, I Dont know how to ground it, seeing as their are no exposed wires and I do not want to void the 5 year factory warranty by opening it up. Premium aquatics says its probably the bulb and not the ballast. So they are sending me a coralvue 20k to see if it works. What do you think anyi nput would help. Premiumaquatics is a wonderful company and the guys there no their stuff, I would just like to make myself feel better by seeing what the rest of you experts think. Im pullling my hair out over here.

theclearblue

I'd give the new bulb a shot. If that doesn't work, I'm sure PA will make it right. The only problems I've ever heard of anyone having with PA was miscommunications. I'm sure they'll help you out if you need to send back everything.

I agree. Try the new bulb. If it doesn't work, let PremiumAquatics know. As you know, they're really customer service oriented, and I have a feeling they'll do whatever it takes to get your setup working for you.

Definitely try the bulb first.

Here are some tid bits I picked up along the way.

- If the ballast is shutting itself off, it can usually be attributed to overheating, a short, or, possibly, bad bulb.

- Check for ground faults in your wiring.

- If you need to ground it sometimes you can use a screw on the ballast itself. I think IceCaps use this technique.

- Check the bulb socket to ensure it is in proper working order.

Archived