Pod Your Reef

Shane and John's Softy only Wet Dream

shaneandjohn

shaneandjohn

Wow, well we just got home and stocked it with some corals and inverts!!!

Please remember that the glue is not even dry yet, so the Pollips are not even extended yet.

Well , John got screwed..lol...He got a Crab that was in a Snail Shell!!!

So much for no Crabs :)

Mostly all common softies, a Golden Torch and an Acan frag. A nice colony of Zoo's

I will just have to moniter the water quality closely. This was ALOT of stuff to add at once, But the FREE price made it hard to say no..:)

So t date we are into this project for less than 50$, including gas to get around. Not to bad!!!!

post-63035-1333314712_thumb.jpg

post-63035-1333314733_thumb.jpg

post-63035-1333314751_thumb.jpg

post-63035-1333314766_thumb.jpg

post-63035-1333314784_thumb.jpg

post-63035-1333314805_thumb.jpg

post-63035-1333314829_thumb.jpg

shaneandjohn

This is just what a friend gave eme out of her tank!! We then drove to our Fav Saltwater store and got the snails and that Sneaky Red Leg Crab. It's to far to drive to take him back, I don't want it in our 34 gallon, and don't have the Heart to chuck him. So for now, he is safe..:)

Lookin good. Couldn't believe how packed Barrier was this weekend. Ended up snaggin a monti lantana, purple plasma, and an ora goniopora. We are from the east side but the 2+ hour drive is worth it when you walk into their store.

shaneandjohn

Hey there!! Thanks for viewing our thread. :)

Yes, Barrier gets pretty crazy at times, BUt it is sooooo worth it. They are the Best.

They had a pretty limited selection of Nano fish and inverts, so we will be heading that way again soon. They get almost all of my business.:)

shaneandjohn

Quick update!!

Today the nano will get a water change. All of the livestock seems to be doing well. Some of the Softys did NOT stay in place even though I used both Putty and glue gel to try to mount them. This was my first time trying to mount freshly cut soft corals. I have just let them be and they have found their spots based on where the current has taken them!!!

The snails are doing a Great job in even keeping the acrylic clean. It should only take a quick wipe down during my water change..:)

funkngroovy

I've found a needle and thread is the best way to keep a softie in place. Tank is looking good too.

• 3 weeks later...
shaneandjohn

I am upgrading this 3 gallon to an 8 gallon. I got a screaming deal on the Inovative Marine 8 and couldn't pass it up. I will use the table the 3gallon is on. I am going to enclose it and put on a door so it will look more like a stand.I am going to transfer all of the contents of the 3 gallon. I hate how scratched up this little 3gallon tank is and just how limited to livestock that I am. Obviously I will still have restrictions on fish, but I have more room for corals. This tank comes with LEDs as well:)

This will be a more clean looking tank and should be a focal point in our entry way of our home!!

I will still follow the contest and watch for the winner. In my heart I know this contest has sparked my interest for the hobby again. This has been very therapeutic for me in my recovery from surgery.

What a great hobby we all share and enjoy!!!!!!!!

Archived