Pod Your Reef

Autotopoff.com

icombs17

Just got this new auto top off from autotopoff.com, and wow. This thing is great and half the price of others, better yet i was leaving for vacation and they made sure that it got to me in time before i left. I cant say enough good things about the unit or the people at autotopoff.com. If you dont have a top off yet, get your a** over there and get one.

I recently purchased an AutoTopOff.com unit as well, works great so far, very pleased with the investment.

I have sump, float sensors are probably 1" wide, not too bad, depending on the size of the tank. It's the snail guard that really adds the bulk.

• 1 month later...

the pump you use would depend on tank size and how you mount it. They do sell pumps I believe, however they don't come with the ATO

• 1 month later...
If you click on custom tab. scroll down the page and you'll find one made just for nanos, I have this one in the third chamber of my BC29, works great.

Does yours use the optical sensor listed on that page too?

I'm curious if anyone has tried that out, its pricey but a space saver on smaller tanks probably.

• 1 month later...
eddiecorrea

I'm thinking about ordering the Nano one and using an aqualifter. I can't imagine I'll need much more then that on an 8 gallon tank.

I'm thinking about ordering the Nano one and using an aqualifter. I can't imagine I'll need much more then that on an 8 gallon tank.

I was looking at that one too for about an 8g tank, it is $40. The rest of the equipment I would need is the pump, tubing and a container to hold ro/di water correct?

• 2 months later...
Does yours use the optical sensor listed on that page too?

I'm curious if anyone has tried that out, its pricey but a space saver on smaller tanks probably.

The optical sensor is risky with salt water.

I use an autotopoff and an aqua lifter on my 55 and it works great. I have a JBJ on another tank, I don't like it as well. Get the tubing at lowes for a lot cheaper than at lfs. The container can be anything I use a plastic jar that is food safe on one tank and a 2.5 gallon aquarium on another. I would never think of doing a tank without an ato.

I used to have one from them and it worked great. My tank overflowed and caught the little box on fire so its no good anymore. I think Im going to go with the avast one next time. I currently just have a limewater drip keeping my water level somewhat constant at the same time keeping my dkh and calcium levels up.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know which 'clip' (plastic piece that holds floats in place) I should get for an Aqueon 40b? Small, medium, large, or Bend my own? I'm not sure if I should be using the glass or the width of the plastic rim as a measuring point...

• 1 month later...
I used to have one from them and it worked great. My tank overflowed and caught the little box on fire so its no good anymore. I think Im going to go with the avast one next time. I currently just have a limewater drip keeping my water level somewhat constant at the same time keeping my dkh and calcium levels up.

This is the kind of thing that makes me NOT want to install and ATO... I know that I wont overflow my tank if I do it myself.

I do have an auto top off in the works however...

Archived