SaltCritters.com

My PicO Aquarium MR18

bdaniel5278

Nice tank.

BTW my clown has done the black spot thing 2 times. It was due to stress during moves. It should clear up on its own.

Also whats your params like? Has this only been setup for a month?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bdaniel5278

been set up about 2 months now, params are, everything 0 except about 5 nitrate, 1.025 sg, 79 degrees give or take, about 8.3 ph

yea the spots are pretty much all gone now

bdaniel5278
Awesome work here, just wondering if there's any space for a skimmer on this little tank?

Thanks,

thanks, yeah in the first overflow chamber you should be able to fit a very small skimmer. Chris at PicoAquariums, is designing a skimmer for these tanks, i think he said they will be out this month, im interested to see what he comes out with. But as of now i dont use one, just doing weekly 3 - 4 gallon water changes since i dont dose either, its working good so far

bdaniel5278
Been following this thread. Nice dude. I'm getting my custom next month!

thanks. What size custom?

Deleted User 4
Just a higher manta ray 15 to be 10 gallons

ahha welcome to the pico family, btw you say you're from cal poly san luis obis?? I go to cal poly pomona :D

ahha welcome to the pico family, btw you say you're from cal poly san luis obis?? I go to cal poly pomona :D

I go to the "better" cal poly LOL!

Deleted User 4
I go to the "better" cal poly LOL!

ahaha true true, what's your major btw?? I know cal poly pomona is known for its engineering ahah

ahaha true true, what's your major btw?? I know cal poly pomona is known for its engineering ahah

industrial engineering, how bout you?

I'm about to purchase an A350 from Chris! Hahaha, overkill on a 10 gallon.. but w/e

Deleted User 4

I'm about to purchase an A350 from Chris! Hahaha, overkill on a 10 gallon.. but w/e

lololol cool at least is free shipping? haah I am accounting major. But yeah, it's cool to know that someone else other than myself, goes to cal poly and is interested in the reef hobby. You graduating soon?

Nice! Another industrial engineer!

XXII time to change majors. WTF is accounting?!?!?!? lol jk

lololol cool at least is free shipping? haah I am accounting major. But yeah, it's cool to know that someone else other than myself, goes to cal poly and is interested in the reef hobby. You graduating soon?

Nah, 3rd yr next fall. Won't graduate until 2015 maybe... Can't get all my needed classes...

Deleted User 4
Nice! Another industrial engineer!

XXII time to change majors. WTF is accounting?!?!?!? lol jk

LOLL yoo how you been ahah

where's your tank at!!

Nah, 3rd yr next fall. Won't graduate until 2015 maybe... Can't get all my needed classes...

i see, i see

Are these lights the Rapidled mixed color Par 38's? How do you like them? I am getting a deep blue 15 from picoaquariums and was looking into a single Par 38 to light it. Do your lights look the same in person as in the pictures?

bdaniel5278
Are these lights the Rapidled mixed color Par 38's? How do you like them? I am getting a deep blue 15 from picoaquariums and was looking into a single Par 38 to light it. Do your lights look the same in person as in the pictures?

yea its the mixed colors, 1 blue 3 royal blue 1 neutral white 2 cool white, mine are the old ones, looks like on there site they are changing there par 38s up a lil bit. I like them a lot so far, corals seem to love them too. The pictures look pretty much just like they do in person, tried to adjust my camera to get it right, so i would say its close. But with rapids new par 38s coming out it says from a 17k - 20k look so might be a little different then what mine are.

stop junking up this dude's thread. this isnt one of those tween threats

x2

bdaniel5278

been meaning to go to my lfs, but have been busy with other things lately. I will be soon though

• 1 month later...
StruckaNerve

I just got a couple PAR38's and was hoping to copy your conduit idea. How are the rods mounted to the stand? Is there any way you could take some brighter pictures of your conduit bars? I would be very appreciative.

Archived