Innovative Marine Aquariums

Green algae ID

impur

Pic is a bit blury, but there are about 4 spots this green plant is growing on my rock. Any ideas if i should pull it off, or anything that will eat it?

It has sort of branches and each strand is about 5 times the thickness of hair algae. There is also some hair algae around it as you can see. Thats not what i'm talking about, its the bright green stuff in the middle of the pic.

I have the same thing on one of my rocks. Unfortunatley it was sold as "seaweed." :P. I'd like a better ID too. It's been in the tank for over 3 weeks and has hardly grown if at all.

KansasCoral-Nu-B

are you sure its not bubble algae? i've got that stuff on a rock and see bubble algae float off of it everyonce in a while. kinda looks like green sphere's towards the base. idk.

This stuff looks like it could be an elongated bubble algae, if that makes sense. I have a spot with some bubble algae and there is a clear difference between the 2. This is a brighter green and has stalks growing out, not bubbles. I still can't find an id on it after 2 days of searching :/

Mine doesn't quite look like that. The stalks are pretty smooth. I got a good pic of it next to a small bubble algae. I just gotta get my camera on my lunch break then i'll post it.

Archived