SaltCritters.com

The Heat!

Crakeur

Well, I re-aquascaped the tank and it looks pretty nice and the refugium is up and running but I no longer have room for my microchiller. so, I go away for 2 days and I come home to a tank that suffered very little evaporation but was very high in temp (with the lights off no less).

I might have to do the ice in a bag trick until I figure out a way to get my chiller on there somehow (plus I miss the extra water movement).

Man I hate the dog days of summer.

I hated the few days of heat wave we had over here in the UK.

My tanks temp reached 84-85F and although my corals seemed fine, I didint like it one bit.

I just removed the fan from the lights and aimed it at the water. Cooling was achieved a while later. However I went through lots of topup water.

The frozen bottle of water seems like a better idea, but you have to continously changed the bottle every so often.

I moved my lighting so that I could squeeze the micro-chiller in on the side of the tank. The lights are on a strange angle and I removed the temporary pc that I had over the refugium (13 watt is on the way). The temp is down and the MH is now positioned directly over the acro frag, stylo frag and the left portion of the tank. If this positioning allows me to keep the heat down and still get enough light to the tank, this will just have to be my summer set-up. It ain't purty but it might work. Hopefully I will be able to get some pics up of the new set-up, frags included.

ahhhhhhhh, the south, air conditioning comes standard on all houses:happy: well at least you have a refugium to float the ice in instead of the main tankB)

air conditioning was on all weekend in that room. Unfortunately, the temp was over 90. Plus I had the old pc over the refugium (13W on back order) so the lights were too hot. took the pc off and letting the sun do what it does on the refugium for a day or two more.

Archived