ReefCleaners.org

Skimmer on 10

eferna

I got a prizim skimmer on my 10 gal. I know there were a lot of threads regarding the use of a skimmer on a nano, but I am going to try it this way.

any feedback??

i ordered a prizm for my 7 gallon too.  i havent gotten it yet though.  i do have the prizm on my 28 gallon and it works pretty good. i think our tanks are gonna do really well with the skimmer.  ive read other posts that say their tanks improved greatly with the addition of a skimmer.  here is an article about a 2.5 gallon tank with acropora and clams and he says his success is due to an efficient skimmer. http://www.reefs.org/library/talklog/d_pot...tts_033197.html   i cant wait to get mine.  let us know how your tank does with a skimmer.

yeah from what i hear skimmers arent bad....i just dont use one because i cant afford it. i also dont want to have to dose my tank. i might set up a bigger tank like a 30 or something then it would be worth it for me...i hope your guys tanks do good with them though,

So far so good. The skimmer pulled out a whole lot of slime the first two days. I still dont know if i have the setting rigt.

Sahin: i know u have one of these..help

I have one too.

Set it at a very low flow until the skimmer sets in then you can turn up the flow slowly and it will skim fine.

What do you think about the noise level on this skimmer?

Well it could be a little quiter since I have my tank in my bedroom, but its okay.

Okay I have a question. You know the part where the bubbles come out of. I was wondering what level do you have the water set at. Do you have it set so the bubbles are all the way at the bottom and gradually when it skims it reaches the top or do you have it set up in the middle where it skims a lot faster. Man I dont even know what I just wrote..lol

Eferna, I understand what you mean.

I have it set so that the bubble level is right beneath the black O ring.  So yes, the goop slowly rises and falls into the collection cup.  If you set it too high it gives a very wet mixture, meaning its more dilute.  A lower setting give a dryer foam.  Have it set more towards the slower level.

The manual says somewhere to set the bubble level just below the O ring.

If you need more help, I can take some quick pics in the morning, it will help explain thing easily.

whew..good thing you understood.

Anyway I am just playing with the setting cause I dont want to have it set too low.

Pics would be nice :-)

thanks

man i cant wait to get my skimmers.  i ordered two prizms from chris (one for my 7 and one for my girlfriends 15 that isnt set up yet)   i ordered them tuesday and i am very anxious to get em.  

Archived