Pod Your Reef

FS: Black netting/mesh for custom top

kidninja

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anybody tried floating that netting on the water? I know they make netting that floats on the surface of ponds, so I was wondering if the same can be done for tanks so you don't need to make a frame and can keep the rimless look. It would be invisible floating on the surface.

Has anybody tried floating that netting on the water? I know they make netting that floats on the surface of ponds, so I was wondering if the same can be done for tanks so you don't need to make a frame and can keep the rimless look. It would be invisible floating on the surface.

That would probably compromise the surface skimming and you would see schmutz on the water surface. Before I made the frame the netting was just anchored by my lights which sit on the rim of the tank. The middle of the netting sagged into the water and yup collected crud.

That would probably compromise the surface skimming and you would see schmutz on the water surface. Before I made the frame the netting was just anchored by my lights which sit on the rim of the tank. The middle of the netting sagged into the water and yup collected crud.

I thought it might interfere with the surface skimming. Oh well, I'll cross that off my list of genius ideas. ;)

Got any left I'll need some to cover a buocube 29 and a half moon 10g if you got it

Also anyone find a good way to cover a rimless tank?

Also anyone find a good way to cover a rimless tank?

I think the only way to cover a rimless tank is to um... yea.. you're going to have to build a frame for it if you want to use the netting

• 2 weeks later...

what up kidninja... have you made any nettings for a nano cube 24g? I'm not to sure on the specs, but I was just wondering if you came across one before.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP, yes i have actually and i actually built one for when i had my tank running. you can only really cover the square part of the tank but the bowed part would be exposed. not that big of a deal as most of the tank will be covered by the netting

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived