Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Update on my 10g

USFnano

Here are my first sps frags in my 10g nano from a local reefer. They've been in my tank since thursday.

First is a blue millepora

274610_70_full.jpg

The second is some kind of Montipora(I must have grabbed that side a little too hard, it's been like that since I put it into the tank and has not spread)

274610_71_full.jpg

And a pic of the left side of my tank

274610_72_full.jpg

That's just the color of the rock. The only algae I have is a little on the end of the intake strainer and a couple small patches on the back glass. I might get a couple more astreas, the two I have are getting lazy :P

Here's a new full tank pick

274610_73_full.jpg

Well, my astreas are eating it. But I only had two of them, so they only get to it every couple days. I bought a couple more today, we'll see how it goes. I also have 6-8 little stomatella snails roaming around.

• 2 weeks later...
donteatthenano

how are your frags doing now and what kind of lighting do you have them under? i have a 10g and will probably acquire some small sps frags for help with a tank move. i've been a little weary towards the sps, but have reserved a nice high spot in the tank, just in case.

Frags are doing great so far. The mille's had turned brown after a few days and are starting to regain thier color. The montipora is also starting to get a blue/green color to it.

Lighting is a 70W 10kk Ushio and 36w PC actinic, filtration is just live rock and a 3g fuge.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a one month update on my frags. The blue mille is starting to show color again and is encrusting.

274610_83_full.jpg

And the Montipora is healing nicely and showing good color :)

274610_81_full.jpg

don.earnest

I know where you got those! He's quite the extremist, eh?

Mine aren't do so well. My big clumsy Mexican Turbo keeps knocking them off. I hate to get rid of him because he's the best worker in the crew, but I'm afraid he'll have to find a new home soon. :(

His tank is definately TOTM material, can't wait to see it again. I can't wait for the mille to color up like the mother colony, it's a very beautiful piece.

don.earnest

Oh, TOTM hands down. Hell, Tank of the Year! I've never seen anything remotely like his, not on any website, in any magazine, in any fish store, nowhere. Too bad it's not a nano. He said he just upgraded the lights and they're looking even better now! I'm finding it a little hard to believe that's even possible!

Archived